Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am noobie Just brought this home tonight!

I got the inside of the vents done and painted. I picked up some gasket stuff from lowes so I could install the heater. Also tested it before it was installed to make sure it was working good.

DSCN3615.jpg

I need to clamp down the fuel lines as I treated them and coated them. Going to install the vent panel on the pass side prob on Monday. Still have not figured out what I am going to do for a windshield gasket. If anyone has one for reasonable price pm me.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a new fuel filter and put it on :banana: Picked up the rebuilt carb from my friend on sat. He says it should be set perfect. What have you guys done with the smog stuff on your motors. Is there a plug that will fit in the top of the heads? I was hoping that you guys already know what size pug I need to get. Going to make a block off plate out of 1/4 alum for the smog thing on the back. My friend said he bent his tubes and welded them. I am not going to do that, just want some plugs. He did say that he thinks they are pipe thread, any ideas?

Tried to start it up. The pump would not prime so I hooked it up to my jumper battery. Still not going tapped it and it went. I def going to get a new one of those. Good News it purrs like a kitten. :clap: and I still have some vac lines to fix. :popcorn:

Tried to start it up. The pump would not prime so I hooked it up to my jumper battery. Still not going tapped it and it went. I def going to get a new one of those. Good News it purrs like a kitten. :clap: and I still have some vac lines to fix. :popcorn:

my pump required the same procedure. works fine now. im using the same gas tank that i didn't even remove and clean out so i sometimes i have to clean out the lines and blow out the filter. how much crap could really be in there? just turned over 99000 miles. 1000 miles from brand new

my pump required the same procedure. works fine now. im using the same gas tank that i didn't even remove and clean out so i sometimes i have to clean out the lines and blow out the filter. how much crap could really be in there? just turned over 99000 miles. 1000 miles from brand new

Funny thing is my friend said there was sand in the carb when he went through it. I am thinking that was from the crappy rebuild that used two cork gaskets on top of each other:rolleyes:. When I pulled the old filter I cut it open and did not find any bits so that makes me happy. I will be pulling the tank this summer to put in working fuel sensor and at that time flush it out. I hope the tank is good.

Well got little done, had a little time on sat and did the tray.

DSCN3688.jpg

Yes that is a newer used fuel gauge that my friend had as a spare in the right upper corner.

ON, a sad note I blew all my subie money on my 2nd rain bike cause I am getting fat and need to ride. It looks like its going to go into winter for sure. Good news it will give me some time to get the other panels done. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I found some spots on the tail lights that I need to replace. So I taped them up and going to make a template for some 20ga metal that I have at work. I have taken a little break from it. I will prob be hitting hard during the spring and summer. But I did pull it out of the garage a week ago. :) The plan is to pull the motor and do the engine bay during summer and get the hood back on.

Worked a little on the brat trying to figure out why the pump is not priming. After I put carb start in the carb ,the pump starts to pump. I would think I turn the ignition on the pump should prime up the carb. Does anyone have any suggestions? I cleaned the ground off to make sure it was good. I am open to suggestions. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Worked on it today a bit. I got the dash hooked up but having trouble getting the turn signals to work. This is what works, fan, buzzer, flashers ,running lights dash lights. Does anyone have any ideas. Yes the brat is up for sale but I rethinking it, I just have not worked on it in a long time. I did get the pass seat in and few other nick nacks hooked up.

Worked a little on the brat trying to figure out why the pump is not priming. After I put carb start in the carb ,the pump starts to pump. I would think I turn the ignition on the pump should prime up the carb. Does anyone have any suggestions? I cleaned the ground off to make sure it was good. I am open to suggestions. :)

my pump only pumps when the engine is running. i have a wire tied close to the battery so i can just run the pump when ever (i am thinking of putting a push button somewhere instead)

• 2 weeks later...

:brow: Got the dash back in Some trim pieces painted black. I spent few hrs on the wire problem. I fixed everything. Lights work, fan, blinkers,running lights,hazards even the seat belt buzzer along with the cig lighter. :D If I get around to the front caliper the price is going to go up. As I am getting little more attached to it. LOL I have to say that the interior is starting to look good.

DSCN4284.jpg

Awesome!!! Looking really good. Ive been watchin this thread since the begining and seen you do some amazing work. I know your selling but I wish I could see this brat fully resurect with you at the helm. Keep up the progress and as a fan, I hope you keep her!!!!:Flame:Keep them sweet pics coming!!!

Well its off CL now. I think my Bro inlaw wants it so really I am building it for him. He wants to use it as his snowboard transportation. :) So I guess I have till sept. We will see how that goes. I will be pulling the engine next month to detail the engine bay. and fix that bat tray.

I finally found my hood release bracket I thought I lost it so I put it in before it disappeared again. Also mounted the fuse block and under panel.

DSCN4291.jpg

I finished up the hood. It did not turn out as nice as I wanted. I might have to get some small paint brushes to get into the little holes.

DSCN4288.jpg

When I pull the motor going to take that smog junk off and clean it up. It does not leak any oil and it has a fairly new water pump on it. I just need to tune dial the carb in.

Well I got little time to clean and prep the front grill. It looks a lot better than it did. Going to work on the fenders wells next I think. I will have to use a torch to soften it up but that pretty easy I think. I am waiting to use my friends hoist to get the motor out. So prob looking at middle of the week.

DSCN4309.jpg