Ultimate Subaru Message Board

bonvos winter warrior

so i think i have a plan of attack

stock

0828111755a.jpg

the plan

idea.jpg

a slight lift of about 2 inches bigger more agressive tires but not so big that i have to cut the body some extra lighting on the front and rear

im going for a rally kind of look something that looks like it can go anywhere but not look like a rock crawler

alright i got it home!!!!!!!

loading it

DSCN0589.jpg

trying to get out

DSCN0590.jpg

DSCN0591.jpg

DSCN0592.jpg

gave up and crawled out the passenger side which was no small task

DSCN0593.jpg

whos tailgateing me... casper

DSCN0595.jpg

destination reached

DSCN0596.jpg

DSCN0597.jpg

DSCN0598.jpg

DSCN0599.jpg

i have got to do something about the seats they sit to high and the steering wheel is in my crotch

DSCN0600.jpg

DSCN0601.jpg

unloaded the goodies

DSCN0605.jpg

these may be all aluminum but damn there still heavy

DSCN0606.jpg

next to michelle i looked at them side by side there is somthing wrong when my station wagon is 3 inches shorter then my 2 door coupe

DSCN0602.jpg

so today we filled the radiator adjusted the carb and wired the fan to a toggle switch since the stock thermo switch is dead also fixed the temp gauge

all in all a good day

DSCN0604.jpg

today was cleaning day i washed it cleaned out the interior scrubbed the engine bay cleaned up and painted the push bar the rims with the best tires on them started bleeding the brakes but when my sister prooved to be less then helpful at working the brake pedal i gave up ill try again later i also replaced all the vacuum lines going to the carb and put a new radiator cap on it so the cooling system will hold pressure

DSCN0607.jpg

DSCN0608.jpg

ignore the chunk of vacuum line on the seat

DSCN0609.jpg

DSCN0610.jpg

then i remembered i had the stock hubcaps from shelly and that they were 13's im glad i hung on to them

DSCN0615.jpg

cleaner engine bay

DSCN0616.jpg

DSCN0617.jpg

as tempting as that is i want whatever wheel i put under it to fit in the wheel wells this wagon is to clean to cut it up a mild lift and some 14 inch datsun wheels will probibly do the trick with some meaty snow tires give it the rally going look i want

well today after work my dad and i bled the brakes and i installed a tach now that i got to drive the car faster then 5 mph the speedo doesnt read past 20 and the clutch slips baaaaad but other then that its a solid car

tach.jpg

a few questions one why would the speedo only read up to a certan point? number 2 the gas gauge doesnt work i put 1 and a half gallons in it todat and it didnt even budge on a tank that is only 11 gallons it should register something right? my temp gauge kinda works i know there is some corrosion in the connecter to the sensor but are they any other causes that could be causing me to have these instrumentation issues?

Edited by bonvo

well i got a clutch for it and for free non the less! local subaru guy had it laying around i asked how much he wanted for it and he said free get it out of my life so for 200 bucks plus the cost of registration i have a 4x4 for the winter can we say winning? cause i can