Ultimate Subaru Message Board

bonvos winter warrior

fixed the speedo today and realize its not so gutless lol what i thought was 45ish was actually 60 :o were supposed to get snow this week so tomorrow im getting the slow leaking tires fixed and she will be on dd duties

Edited by bonvo

• 2 weeks later...

update waiting on a new tierod took the right front corner apart needs an axle (knew this ) grabbed the extra one that came with the car its the wrong one

FUUUUUUUUUUU.gif

also discovered that the bal joint is shot all of these things combined are what is giving me the vibration from hell so now i get to order an axle and a ball joint unless someone on here has these things for cheaper on here and is willing to part with them

Edited by bonvo

my dad had his 33's in the garage and i had the car up on stands so i got a little insperation this is with the car on jack stands set at the highest setting dad thought it would be funny to act like he was ran over

moarliftneeded.jpg

anyway new axle new ball joint and tie rod shes as good as new

Judging by the trees, I'm guessing you are in the Ponderosa Pines area. Great area out there, right close to all of the roads that lead out to everywhere and that's a great little car to have out there. Enjoy the weather this weekend and get that car out and about. One of my favorite areas is North of Pringle Falls, East side of the river.

BTW, great project to work on with the old man and he seems like a hoot to work with.

i might be not sure i just know im in lapine lol yeah dad is fun to work with sometimes hes an ********************* but most of the time its fun to work with him this isnt the first project he and i have worked on together so your in bend? you should come to la pine and show me some cool places to take this thing

had some fun today before work went out in the blm land behind my house and ran it like i was in a baja race then climbed some tree stumps this thing keeps impressing me with what it can do off road but i think stump climbing is about its limit with stock suspention but it is one hell of a little baja car as it sits

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

im thinking that at least a mild lift will be in this things future

Lookin' very good man. i get to hear that guy pass by just about every day and she sounds good!. If you get some time we should go hit some trails before it snows to bad.

Got my RX project back on track last few days. 5-lug swap is complete!

I think im gonna ditch the 2.2t and go with a 2.5 and turbo it. swing by and check out my progress.

Next time your wrenchin' on your wagon gimme a shout ill come play!

************ im off work tomorrow man we can hit some trails then keep in mind though im not lifted lol this thing sounds like dog ************ man i have almost no exhaust left under it thats next on the list ill swing by tomorrow and check out the rx

************ im off work tomorrow man we can hit some trails then keep in mind though im not lifted lol this thing sounds like dog ************ man i have almost no exhaust left under it thats next on the list ill swing by tomorrow and check out the rx

Perhaps i just like the way an angry uncapped subie sounds...

since dad put the 33's on the truck the 31's were sitting in the garage i rolled them next to the subi and took pics then photoshopped it i would need a crazy lift to clear these things

monsterliftrequired.jpg

i think ill stick to my original plan of a mild lift and go from there

well the car was running like ************ stumbling and falling on its face turns out the condencer was on its way out well the spare motors both had ei distributors so instead of buying a new condencer i just converted to ei

IMAG0040.jpg

datsun ignition module i dont know what distributor doesnt need one but this one needed it the wiring will be cleaned up later i just needed it to run

IMAG0041.jpg

alright yet again i spent the whole day working on this thing lol i may be unemployed but im always working whats up with that anyway ignition module changed to a good one and mount revamped to double as a heat sink and clean the wiring up a little also a new coil

IMAG0047.jpg

for my birthday my parents bought me a stereo deck so i got started on some wiring and speaker instal that way its already done when it arrives and i just connect a few wires i cut holes in the rear panels for accommodate some 5 1/2 speakers to cover the mids

IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

no wires showing it bugs me when wires show

IMAG0043.jpg

loaded back up with my tools/survival gear as well as the 10 inch sub that will provide the lows

IMAG0046.jpg

as soon as the deck gets here it will be all finished up and video will be provided

I was unemployed for about a month just a few weeks ago, it was great! It meant I had time to work on my cars and ride my mountain bicycle every day... but then it's not great because your debit card says you have no money left... Then it's time to find a job again. Haha.

Looking good though!

yeah i like that i dont have to do things around my work schedule but i dont like it caus there are things i need to do that require money

I was self-employed doing my own computer repair business for a few years. It was really nice because it was good money and I could arrange my work schedule around what I would rather be doing... The job kind of sucked, but in terms of being able to do whatever I wanted, it was really nice.

Tradeoffs oh tradeoffs...