Ultimate Subaru Message Board

bonvos winter warrior

can anyone tell me if the reverse light circuit has a fuse or not?  

I think the fuse for the reverse lights is the 4th one from the top of the fuse box... The fuse box cover at that number from the top states:

Turn

Back                   15A

Rear Defrost

Although I would think your indicators or turn signals would not be working if this fuse was out.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In that shape that's what's going to happen. Sorry , I've been there and I can tell you that when people are serious about a certain vehicle they will pick it apart , just as you would , and cut you down for every little thing they see. I know its a bit frustrating , but given the economy I think $1500 is about it for the condition.

Please , don't get upset , but I'm going to go through your listing now and give you an idea of what the "other guy" thinks.

Four pictures is rather limited to the potential buyer. If they see the scars and dents like yours show you'd better balance that out with clear shots of the underside which is what's most important to the buyer - assuming the buyer is an enthusiast. I can excuse what the exterior looks like if its not going to need huge amounts of work underneath. I can't tell that from your four pics.

Working left to right - pic 1 - Scarred up fender and front valance looks rough. Anyone who's after these for some time probably knows the front valance for a 4WD is difficult to find in great shape. Fenders aren't so easy either. Half stiped hood? Looks suspicious. Makes me think the driver's side took a nose nudge. Steel wheels , nothing horrible there but a buyer probably would lean into it more if it showed some spoked wheels.

Pic 2 - Rear window about to fall out !! That's what the other guy sees. You and I know better but still its too rough around that glass. There's WORK to be done there too. Silly stuff hanging in the windows and Mc D's cup looks like a young owner who did not take the car too serious. Home made bumper not horrible but far from orininal and nothing to really brag about.

Pic 3 - Not a great blue on the air filter box. Stands out to anyone who knows these cars. Rust on the deck under the wiper motor. If I'm buying a car I have to pay to get transported I want it solid. Clean that up and spray a pale yellow over it to remove that from people's minds. OR take that donut out and show the complete deck if its not like that corner and people will see the overall solidness in that area and disregard the small issue by the wiper motor. And , that donut could be a full size steel wheel to give the buyer more confidence that they are buying from someone who fully cared for the car. Would be better to show the deck clean and the spare off to the side or in its place in an extra shot.

Pic 4 - Nothing horrible there but the tach and switches added look awkward. Mis-matched horn pad. The usual cracked dash. Covers are cheap on eBay. I know you're not going to go get one but be sure to tell the potential buyer that they are out there and maybe even add a link to one of the suppliers of dash mats or covers.Missing gas pedal. Again , stuff hanging and flame seat covers only make me think I'm dealing with someone young who really doesn't know or care for this car.

The description - You lost me on the first line !! "Badass" ???  Poor writing....I'm obviously dealing with a kid here. I'm out ! That's the basic thought of the guy over 35-40 , and like it or not that's a realistic market share. Put much less of YOU into the description - your phrases , your perspective , your example of your uncle's cheffy .....

I know you probably want to throw things are me now , but I'm just trying to help you sell it. Third party interventions are not always pleasing but can be used as a guide. I hope you come to take this post in the right way.

I suggest you print my post and start going around the car and correcting or more well hiding what was mentioned.

Take the listing down now before more people see it. Now you're on your second eBay run and people looking have seen it twice. Come back and in the new listing title put something that makes the viewer see you've made improvements.

That's my opinion. Best of luck with it. Please keep in mind i've just spent time I really don't have to do this so please take it as constructive and not a trashing.

Cheers!

• Like 1

i see what your saying but honestly there are a few vital points your missing here one first and formost i am an a.s.e. certified tech and have provided a long list of things that have been repaired since i have owned it for two the biggest draw here is the fact that mo matter how you slice it the car is mechanicly sound, running and driving car in todays world thats almost impossible to touch for under 2k third nada guide list this thing even in the worst of shape at 1800 with all the work i have invested in this thing ~2k isnt to much to ask you mention seat covers the idea is to cover the seats so they dont get any worse you mention the blue on the air cleaner it looks a shitload better then the stock blue with surface rust you say it looks like a kid owned it sorry dude im 27 years old and as i said an a.s.e. automotive tech ive stated that much in every ad i have put up that fact alone should point out that the car has been maintained then there is the long rump roast list of repairs to back that claim up again i see what your saying but im pointing out that there are things that you have chosen to ignore in your criticism 

value_zpsaab99ab8.jpg

Edited by bonvo

• 1 month later...

So, my first post on this forum is here. I used to follow your thread on MDStreetScene. Eventually you stopped posting but it was probably the best thread there in a long time. I just read this whole thread here and was amazed at the amount of work you have put into this thing.

Anyway. It's killing me to know you're selling this. My dad had a 78 just like this when I was a kid. Same color similarstripes and a cb radio. He had old pinto wheel covers on his though. I was maybe 4 when it went up and he got rid of it but I've always wanted one since then. If you were on the easy coast I'd find a way to make it happen. Good luck with the sale my friend.