Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Landcruiser: Safariwagon-II

Check out this little guy! Thats pretty awesome.

4684287883_457ab02a79_z.jpg

YESSS!!! Those ARE the $#!+

My Honduran bro-in-law is always telling me about the 2-door cruisers, of all eras, and how bomber they are. Nice photo find!

I'll get his opinion and post it here..

*EDIT** adding bro-in-law's $.02 on 2-door cruise,

"cleardot.gifThe 2 door is a 2.8 or 2.4 turbo very fast and the ride is very smooth not like the 6 cylinder with heavy suspension nice truck!"

Edited by superu

YESSS!!! Those ARE the $#!+

My Honduran bro-in-law is always telling me about the 2-door cruisers, of all eras, and how bomber they are. Nice photo find!

I'll get his opinion and post it here..

*EDIT** adding bro-in-law's $.02 on 2-door cruise,

"cleardot.gifThe 2 door is a 2.8 or 2.4 turbo very fast and the ride is very smooth not like the 6 cylinder with heavy suspension nice truck!"

The VX 4500 Turbo is pretty fast too! But really, how fast do you want to go in these things? :confused:

Looks pretty clean, the FZJ80s are pretty common around here (Midwest) I don't no if I'd want one since the 4.5 1FZ-FE tends to have HG issues being a DOHC. But it does have E-lockers front and rear!

Thats a good price for it though, these can still go for close to $10,000 in really good condition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am now in search of one of these..... I just picked up a 94 4runner, and it's just not big enough...... I've been letting these grow on me, I parked next to one the other day and was green with envy. The search is on! I'm getting close to $6,000 for my tax return and prefer white. :rolleyes:

Nice rig man, I want..... :cool:

I am now in search of one of these..... I just picked up a 94 4runner, and it's just not big enough...... I've been letting these grow on me, I parked next to one the other day and was green with envy. The search is on! I'm getting close to $6,000 for my tax return and prefer white. :rolleyes:

Nice rig man, I want..... :cool:

Get ready for 11mpg and lack of brakes. I am almost ready to sell mine because I dont feel safe driving my family around in it... the brakes are horrible.

Also, the 94-97 have larger engines and brakes. they also have full floating rear axles, and come with the locker options. I would stay away from '91-'93 to be honest.

The '93 will have the 1FZ 4.5L and better milage along with the AF442 transmission (aka Bus Transmission), you can swap rear discs onto them as well, which is what I'm gonna do in time. The '93 does not have High pinion axles, unlike mine which does.

Personally, I think the Landcruiser drives better then my EA82. Sure brakes better even with the 33s. Its also so much nicer to drive and has more power, just wish it got better then 10mpg ;)

I personally am not a fan of the 1FZ-FE 4.5 motor, they tend to Blow HGs a lot, and they have more BS on them. The 3F-E 4.0 is simpler (Even being 80s EFI) the motor is bullet proof, it will out last the entire truck (Much like an EA81)

The AF440 transmission is very forgiving and long lasting, it is only a 4spd with no overdrive. The '92 will have 4.10 gears and will run at 2000rpm at 70mph and has no trouble getting there nor staying there.

If you aren't afraid of Fuel costs, the Landcruiser is a must own truck. I absolutely love it.

Check out ih8mud.com and read up on the 80-series, pros/cons and what to look for.

Get ready for 11mpg and lack of brakes. I am almost ready to sell mine because I dont feel safe driving my family around in it... the brakes are horrible.

Also, the 94-97 have larger engines and brakes. they also have full floating rear axles, and come with the locker options. I would stay away from '91-'93 to be honest.

• 4 weeks later...