Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Landcruiser: Safariwagon-II

BOUGHT ONE TODAY!!!

1991, white, 130,000 miles. Good shape, not perfect, but it's all there and seems to need very little. Seats are clean and untorn, everything works as it should. No stereo, power antenna is broken off, missing some of the bumper cladding and a marker lense. Paid $2400 for it and think that's a pretty fair deal. I'll get some pics in the near future.

That is a smoking deal for one! Can't wait to see it!

You can get Two new corner lights for it for $22 off Ebay (They will be the JDM white/clear corners vs Amber)

I have another Power antenna motor, dunno if it has the aluminum mast though, will check and let you know.

Make sure you adjust those rocker arms!

BOUGHT ONE TODAY!!!

1991, white, 130,000 miles. Good shape, not perfect, but it's all there and seems to need very little. Seats are clean and untorn, everything works as it should. No stereo, power antenna is broken off, missing some of the bumper cladding and a marker lense. Paid $2400 for it and think that's a pretty fair deal. I'll get some pics in the near future.

It needs a valve cover gasket anyhow, so I'll be adjusting the rockers while I'm in there I suppose...

And, it's not the front corner marker light, it's one of the little rear ones on the side, below the sliding windows...

Edited by obk25xt

Wow, that is clean! Looks nice man, I see you even have the optional rear dust deflector. The running boards will be the death of the Rockers, plus you'll gain GC without them (If thats what your after)

Good call on repainting the wiper arms black!

As for your rear marker light, both of mine were broke (Along with the Tail lights) so I swap the side lights out for these:

They are sealed LED units, and are almost identical to the stock ones in size, they are just a little thicker. Super bright and work great, got them at a truck stop for like $6/each

2011_0929AJ.jpg

2011_0929AG.jpg

Landcruiser076.jpg

Landcruiser058.jpg

Might be a good and cheaper option. people on ih8mud.com ask way to much for their stuff most of the time. And ebay does not carry these marker lights (FJ60 style only)

Anyway, nice truck! Make sure you grease all the Zerks on the driveshaft(s) and grease the Birfields through the plug on each hub. You want 3% Moly grease for those, and standard grease for the driveshafts.

I'm not intending to threadjack here.... But I ordered a lift today! From man-a-fre, 3" level ride kit, which I guess consists of 3" front and 2" rear springs..... And all the other goodies too, shocks, caster kit, etc.... It's all OME stuff... I'm soooo stoked..... Also doing the valve adjustment and checked compression today, 145lbs, perfectly even all the way down the line..... Awesome.......

Thats awesome! No worries on threadjack, not to many Landcruiser folks on here, except me and TheSubaruJunkie.

I want to see pictures of that thing with the lift! It'll ride sooo much nicer for sure. I bet they gave you the J springs for the front? What is the part number?

Also, if you are thinking of pressing those Yellow Caster bushings in, well, its a PITA so I've heard. A lot of dudes run Caster plates, which bolt on and are much easier. Seeing as you don't have to try and strap up the axle to keep it from swinging around. Although, mine seems to drive fine with no Caster bushings, so eh whatev!

The part number on the Man-A-Fre site is, OMEKIT-80F3R2. I think the fronts are the OME "J" coils, not sure about the rears. I called and talked to a sales rep before I ordered, he told me that both sets were considered "heavy" rate springs, not mediums. Also, there are no caster bushing with this kit, it comes with brackets for the front links to correct the geometry. They claim that 35" tires will fit no problem, but seeing yours, and looking at pics of many others, I'm thinking 33's are gonna be all I'll want. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it... Hopefully within a month or so...

Oh nice! Heavy springs might give a harsh ride with no added weight, so Slee to me when I ordered from them, but its a Truck, its supposed to ride hard ;)

Also, nice score with the Caster brackets! Thats the way to go IMO. 35x12" will fit, pretty much everyone runs 35s cause they fill it in very well and look proper on it. The 33s look so small on this thing, then you put the 33 next to a Subaru and its like OMFG! Half the door and fender would be gone to accommodate them :D

I wish I went with 35s and 12 wide. The 10.5 wide just look a little odd, but probably handle better in winter. My trucked was like a tank, didn't slide much if at all. Stopping the ox was a different story at times.

You have a good truck, I can't wait to see more of it!

ebay has EVERYTHING....! :)

Lucky on the state part too :P In Oregon I have to have a front and rear plate with valid tags on both... so I couldnt run one of those plates unless I did it in the front glass or next to my other plate.

But then again... If I got on in Japanese NED 108... then my plates would match the same letters/numbers?

I want one :horse: stupid Oregon.

Your LC is lookin good Tom! Id take those over a 4Runner!