Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1984 GL Wagon Fwd Build

1982gl4

Wow i cant beleive i havent found this thread yet. I would say paint it white. It meshes well with blue goes on easy and you coudl ad some blue accents or pinstripes to the side. Would look nice, though if you went with white i would change the color of your wheels. That would be to much white.

I got white paint. I can't wait until it's sprayed later today :banana: I have aftermarket 13 spoke wheels for it that are going to be painted a charcoal or gold, I agree with it being too much white. Right now I'm leaning toward gold for the wheels, as I think it would look very nice with the white.

Im not a big fan of gold wheels but to each there own. Me personally i would go with blue on the wagon wheels and get a set of chrome lugnuts to go with the chrome centercap. Small blue pinstripe on the side to match. Blue with those raised white letter tires:brow: niceeee

But youve done a fantastic job so no matter what you do it will turn out great.

Put a bunch of the trim back on today. Put the front windows back in. The door seals are back on, one of the window seals have been put back in. I have been painting all the trim black as it goes back on. I like the look of black over chrome, plus with the white it makes the black really stand out.

First thing to go back on, wing mirrors

5-21.jpg

1-87-2.jpg

3-41-2.jpg

Blacked out trim

2-48-2.jpg

Put the older style tails on, and my custom bumper.

4-31-2.jpg

Thanks! I'm hoping to get the glass in it later this week while I'm at school. I then have a week off so I'm hoping to get the interior back together, and get some quotes on my front and rear seats. Should be awesome when it is all back together. Great mpg's for this summer too :clap:

Went home from school today and did some work on this. I got the front grill on along with the front two interior panels (I also replaced the plastic sound deadening that goes on before the panels) Replaced the headlights with four new sealed beams, put some of the roof rack back on, and I finished installing all of the door seals.

Pics!

1-42.jpg

2-32.jpg

The blue looks awesome with the white.

3-29.jpg

4-20.jpg

Today I put my headliner in (after redoing the glue, the first round didn't stick :-\ ) I never realized how much of a pain it is to get these things in by yourself. I had to hold it with my head while putting on the trim around the outside. Once one side was screwed in place, I had to move to the other side, and hope it didn't fall out of the trim on the first side... Anyway it looks great and I'm glad I refinished it as it was pretty beat up. I have to get a few clips and it will be all good.

2-33.jpg

1-43.jpg

3-30.jpg

Looks good!

I want to replace the headliner in the PandaWagon, how difficult was it to pull the plastic pieces without breaking them?

Very easy. Most just unscrew (on the ea81 anyway I've never done an ea82). I only broke one thing, and I can easily epoxy it (just a cover for one of the overhead handles). There were few push clips I broke while taking the liner out, but I have extras so they don't matter too much. Also being a wagon makes it easier. You can pull it out of the rear hatch. I helped a friend do an old saab 900 sedan and we had to take the seats out to get it out of the door :horse:

Messing around with an idea for the rear hatch

1-44.jpg

My carpet is toast, and I really like this. Bamboo laminate flooring. I unfortunately don't have enough to do it all right now, but enough to know that this is going to happen. I'll be ordering another box later

My inspiration

A Peugeot 504

Peugeot-504-Wagon-Diesel.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks! seems like not enough of these get saved. Especially out my way, I can't remember the last time I saw an ea81 on the road.

Today I'm washing/dyeing the carpets. I tried washing them in the bathtub, but that was no good. I kept filling and draining it getting the same amount of dirt every time.... So in the washing machine they went. I put them on a very low spin cycle. So hopefully most of the dirt will get rinsed out and they wont loose shape. Dyeing them will happen later tonight.