Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hooray, a final rallycross event for our fractured season

edrach

Got this in my email today.

Please help me spread the word about my upcoming Rally Driving School (Oct 7-8th) and the SCCA RallyCross event (Sunday Oct 9th) at Portland International Raceway. (see, closer than Hillsboro)

I encourage you all to come down for the RALLYCROSS on Sunday October 9th. It will be an SCCA RallyCross and I will be designing the course. Trying to make it fast, flowing and more-than-your average fun (Ed knows what I mean). Goal will be 5 runs per person. I am running it a bit differently, there will be a discount for PRE-REGISTRATION (reply to this email to do that) and ALL CARS register and tech between 8:00am - 9:30am Sunday. No afternoon "session" and no lunch break. Trying to get everyone out by early to mid-afternoon if possible.

Send anyone interested in the RALLY SCHOOL to my site: www.writerguy.com/primitive/nwrallyschool.htm

Paul Eklund (503) 624-2139

Primitive Enterprises, Inc www.get-primitive.com

9460 SW Tigard St

Suite 104

Tigard, OR 97223

Got this in my email today.

Please help me spread the word about my upcoming Rally Driving School (Oct 7-8th) and the SCCA RallyCross event (Sunday Oct 9th) at Portland International Raceway. (see, closer than Hillsboro)

I encourage you all to come down for the RALLYCROSS on Sunday October 9th. It will be an SCCA RallyCross and I will be designing the course. Trying to make it fast, flowing and more-than-your average fun (Ed knows what I mean). Goal will be 5 runs per person. I am running it a bit differently, there will be a discount for PRE-REGISTRATION (reply to this email to do that) and ALL CARS register and tech between 8:00am - 9:30am Sunday. No afternoon "session" and no lunch break. Trying to get everyone out by early to mid-afternoon if possible.

Send anyone interested in the RALLY SCHOOL to my site: www.writerguy.com/primitive/nwrallyschool.htm

Paul Eklund (503) 624-2139

Primitive Enterprises, Inc www.get-primitive.com

9460 SW Tigard St

Suite 104

Tigard, OR 97223

Yay!!!:banana:

Updated information from Primitive:

What: Rally School, October 7-9th Groundschool Friday Eve 5pm -10pm at PRIMITIVE RACING's shop in Tigard (including the rollover simulatior), then driving with EXPERT instructors all day Saturday including a MINI stage Rally and timed graduation runs on grass field at PIR. Actual RallyCross Competition follows on Sunday. Cost is $340 for a full weekend of fun

What else: SCCA RallyCross Competition, Sunday October 9th, Portland International Raceway. Registration and Tech for all cars are from 8:00am to 9:30am. Everyone wishing to drive fast and slide their cars around a slippery RallyCross course are invited. Pre-Registration available online at www.writerguy.com/primitive/nwrallyschool.htm (or RALLY SCHOOL button from website: www.get-primitive.com) SCCA Members $35 Non-members $40 (save $5 with pre-registration by October 2nd) PIR is located just off I5 in north Portland. Site is a large grass and dirt field just outside the main gate. There will be no lunch break. All competitors required to work half the session and race the other half. Course is being designed by long-time rally racer Paul Eklund with as few cones as possible, trying to maintain a fast and flowing layout. Goal is to have 4 or 5 timed runs. and still be done by about 3-4pm. Winners get the adulation of their peers. Standard SCCA car classing. Stock: AWD, FWD, RWD Prepared: AWD, FWD, RWD and Modified: 2WD and 4WD See all the car prep rules at: http://www.scca.com/documents/Rally%20Rules/2011_RXR.pdf For more information contact PRIMITIVE or watch the website.

Paul Eklund (503) 624-2139 9:35am -5:05pm M-F pauleklund@msn.com

Primitive Enterprises, Inc website: www.get-primitive.com

9460 SW Tigard St

Suite 104

Tigard, OR 97223

Darn - we're moving that weekend so Ken won't be able to do rally cross.

Oh well - next year!

Sorry to have Ken miss this. I was at the ORG meeting last Wednesday and so far there are only TWO firm events planned for next year....Astoria and Chehalis.

A really terrific event. A fine course and Paul had some clever ways to speed up the event. We got 5 runs in with the hot cars running close to one minute as the course dried out. Almost 60 cars and we were done, except for the fun runs, by two thirty in the afternoon. Jeanne and I left at 3:30 after changing back to street tires and packing up the impreza.

icon1.png

RESULTS are POSTED at
I have found a couple little glitches that we will work to fix (like a person left out of M2 and M2 results sorted by raw time, not with the penalties added.)

To SEE the complete scores, CLICK on the winter RallyCross PICTURE that pops up on the top of my home page, then it will load an EXCEL file.
PLEASE NOTE that the afternoon scores (like SA) are on a SEPARATE TAB
on the spreadsheet.

Thanks everyone (like Steve and Kathryn and Ben and Chris Sample and Gavin) for making this a successful event!

• 5 weeks later...
Hey Ed,

Were the pics from this rally ever posted? If so, where can I find them?

Thanks,

Keira

I think Paul posted some on his website. Also, If I remember correctly, subiegal posted some on hers. I'll try to look for the links tonight when I have more time.

Here's one link: http://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc491/PrimitiveSchool/

Here's a link to the DI thread by subiegal. I think that's you and Paul in my old Impreza. Somehow I can't get the subiegal FB link to work for me. http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22932&page=3

Edited by edrach