Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New factory "Off-rioad" subie, the Subaru XV anyone??

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets be serious, how many sooby owners off road (sadly).

I offroad, but I've never been sad while doing it. It's too much fun to have anything but a smile on your face. You must be doing something wrong.lol

I bought a Forester because of the higher stock ground clearance, and it's big enough to carry all my fishing, and camping stuff at the same time. I'm running totally stock, except for some Geolander AT-S tires in the stock size. I'm not going crazy and doing things that are bound to damage my daily driver, I'm just driving to my favorite fishing holes. I have permission to fish on several different farms, and ranches. I can tell you from experience, cow pastures get pretty soft as soon as it starts to rain. It might look like mud, but it's not. You can tell by the smell when it's time to wash the Soobie. :eek:

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I'm currently shopping for a car and settled on the Impreza Sport Premium several weeks ago, and when I was all ready to buy, I heard about this baby.

Now I want it.

I just had a few concerns- do you guys have any price estimates? It seems it's been on sale outside the US since the beginning of this year, and preliminary stuff I've ready seems to place it's starting price at between 20,000 and 23,000, but a Subaru sales rep I talked to recently told me his guess would be 25,000 starting.

And do you guys really not think it'd be good for offroading? Part of the reason I decided to go with Subaru was their commitment to standard AWD in every model, and I figured that would be great for trips out to the desert, riding on dirt roads, and the road trip I'm planning from Los Angeles to Seattle (a lot of forest in the Pacific Northwest).

Any advice and help would be appreciated pretty greatly.

Hey guys, I'm currently shopping for a car and settled on the Impreza Sport Premium several weeks ago, and when I was all ready to buy, I heard about this baby.

Now I want it.

I just had a few concerns- do you guys have any price estimates? It seems it's been on sale outside the US since the beginning of this year, and preliminary stuff I've ready seems to place it's starting price at between 20,000 and 23,000, but a Subaru sales rep I talked to recently told me his guess would be 25,000 starting.

And do you guys really not think it'd be good for offroading? Part of the reason I decided to go with Subaru was their commitment to standard AWD in every model, and I figured that would be great for trips out to the desert, riding on dirt roads, and the road trip I'm planning from Los Angeles to Seattle (a lot of forest in the Pacific Northwest).

Any advice and help would be appreciated pretty greatly.

it seems the forester is the least pricey of the bunch and the XV may be in the low to mid 20s. The non manual transmission will be the CVT, not a good choice for off-roading, and the manual will be sweet. If you can wait 3-5 months I think you can start getting 2013s by summer/fall.

I thnk it'll be a pretty sweet rig, longer WB and wider track than the big forester, shorter and not as tall as well. good interior storage and passenger space (since the new IMP is the size of a gen 2 legacy)

Thanks for the helpful messages guys. Nice to know the car would be fit for a few trail runs when I head out to the desert. Doubly nice to know that it won't ************ out on me when i drive five miles into the desert on rocky dirt roads to meet up with my family at our dirt biking camp site. I've seen so many ************ty little coups get screwed on those roads over the years.

Any more info on the price at all? No word based on the European and Asian dealerships carrying it? Orders for the 2013 Impreza open up on Monday, and it'll be tough to resist...

Man I REALLY wish I had a solid idea of pricing on this thing. There's a dealer relatively close by me that has a 2012 Impreza Sport Premium in the color I want for 22,000, well within my price range. I could head down there right now and put down a nice fat down payment on it if I knew the Crosstrek was going to fall outside my range. In the last hour I've found one article claiming that the expected starting (as in the goddamn base) price would be 25,000 but then another saying that they expected it to start around the same price as an Outback, which was 20-21,000.

Why the hell would Subaru wait this long to announce pricing? I just want to know :(

When I worked for Mercedes we often wouldn't get pricing info on new models until after we had demos on the lot. It was a regular thing to put Monroney labels on cars we had had for a month or more. And we didn't know the price of the car until we got the label.

When i talked to the Subaru facory reps, they said that unlike past "outback sports" which were just fitted with outback body spacers, this hs different driveline specs and design then its street cred brother so it can be used for off roading.

Okay, that was posted in December of last year. Why did none of the other articles I read have prices announced, or had guesses at best? Where did this guy get his information? I mean, I do hope he's right, because that means I may just be able to snag one of these suckers.

And when do you suppose orders might open up? I know on June 25th they opened up orders on the 2013 Imprezas. If this car is due out in Fall at the latest, when might custom ordering get opened to the public? I googled "order xv crosstrek" and found several dealerships in the US offering preorders, though none were near me in California. Lastly, when I spoke to a salesman about the impreza orders, he made it sound like that if you get in on the groundfloor with custom ordering one, you can basically customize every bit of it so far as the factory allows. Does this mean that if I'm lucky enough to build my own XV Crosstrek, I'd be able to get a diesel?

Subaru has never ever been one to custom order anything. The car comes equipped with packges and options, and not many at that.

Anytime a dealer says you "can get in on the ground floor", or anyone says that, run away very fast.

That was also the number Subaru was quoting at the NY Auto show assuming the yen didnt do something crazy.

That's pretty heartening. Prices tend to translate from market to market, right? Like a certain type of car won't go for more or less (at least not noticeably so) in one country than it does another?

Haha, I am pretty green when it comes to buying cars and dealing with salesman. That is, i've never bought one before.

So no chance I can place a diesel order before they release the XV's over here?

Was at subaru today ordering a brush holder for the Justy.

The Justy gets no love from subaru anymore, but i got the 2nd to last brush holder in north america!

Metric Subaru said he will get official info on the car at the end of this month. He is hearing about mid 20's for a car with some equipment. Looking at a a new imp the CVT was 1000.00 and the winter package was 2000. Take the 22,500 add 3000 that is about right.