Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ehm7FAl.jpeg

Thank you for such a nice article:)

https://jalopnik.com/this-honduran-subaru-nut-writes-awesome-how-to-manuals-429795764

Appreciated Fellows, 

the List of Downloadable Files which I have been sharing here

since years ago, has been updated, and reuploaded, here:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/122276-the-bumble-beast/page-7?do=findComment&comment=1367468

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
...It took me a Decade, somehow...

But Finally I Printed and binded my copy of the .pdf File

of this Awesome Book:  :D 

Awesome%20Book.jpg

I Tried hard for years to purchase a "Real" book of those, with no avail.

Now I have one more to Read...

LotsoBooks.jpg

Kind Regards.

• Like 4

Hey ... you can download your copy, look for the link on my shared files!  :D 

According to the Laws of my Country, it is not piracy to share digital copies of items that are no longer available in their original version, as long as you don't obtain any profit from them, nor damaging the copyright owners rights.  So, I only pasted a Link found online... I'm not obtaining any profit, and that book is obsolete.

Kind Regards.

• 4 months later...

I Shall say: You're Welcome!

Dear USMB friends, the List ~► Here, is for my Downloadable Files, but the very first posts of this thread are an index to all my Writeups, so check those from post one, and if you find useful information on them, don't forget to let me know by hitting the "Like" Button :D

Kind Regards.

update the web link
  • Like 3

Did you know that the EA82 Rear Door's Glass is Bigger in the Wagon, than the Sedan?

DifferentSizedGlasses.jpg

(here a Friend is holding it for the photo)

I learned that on the Hard Way, you can see photos and full story,

Here: ~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/150872-different-glass-sizes-%E2%96%BA-ea82-rear-passengers-doors/

Kind Regards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh dear! That is quiet the reading adventure for sure. Bravo!

Thank you, Thomas...

I've been Reading Books since I learned to Read at the age of four, Decades ago... then with time I became Lawyer and had to read even more, daily; so my Eyes got tired early in my Life, and I need to wear eye glasses all times ... I explained with details in another thread, the reason why I have to use a Bigger Style Font and better contrast Colour on my Posts: to help my eyes...

Remember that I learned english only by myself, and if I don't read it clear, I could write many misspelled words.

Kind Regards.

(Underlined words are Web Links)

One of the best things in my life has been to find this Awesome USMB since the EZBoard times, and that you all allowed me to be part of it, and treated me like Family, despite of being on a Different country, far away. 

I never felt alone, because I could have pretty interesting chats with different people worldwide, on this forum, learning a Lot, especially about Subarus, English Language, and many other things, also I've shared all and everything I know, with the aim of helping other Subaru Owners / Enthusiasts worldwide.

I know that lots of things have changed, lots of stuff has been going on, somehow the board feels a little Different nowadays and lots of interesting conversations regarding our hobbies with Subarus, has moved to certain social networks, such like Facebook: 

Facebook%20Comments.jpg

YGXAITg.jpeg

My subie was featured on the SOA's Facebook cover, in 2013

This is Regarding my Weber Carburetor Swap's Writeup:

HAKwZda.jpeg

This is Regarding my Suspension Mods Writeup:

eOJ6LuD.jpeg
Kind Regards.

During all these years, not only I shared knowledge and photos, but also I've sent Subaru Parts to many USMB members in Different Countries, such like USA, Australia, Spain, Peru, Chile, Dominican Republic, etc... also I've sent and received non-Subaru items; you can see various interesing Photos of some of the things that I've sent to, and Received from another USMB Members Worldwide, in the following Thread:

Here: ~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/153495-got-a-package-from-honduras/

Where in the World is Honduras?

WhereintheWorldisHonduras.jpg?t=12888013

We are in Central America, Between the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea / Atlantic Ocean, with Both Coasts with Nice Sandy Beaches and Islands.

I live in Honduras, but Don't be afraid of selling me any Subaru part because I don't live in USA, I have a "Virtual Address" with an Honduran Cargo & Courier Company in Florida, so you only need to send the items there, and their personnel will ship them to their local offices, where I pick them up, paying the shipping and handling at their countertop; so No Problem. thumbsup.gif

Check the above link to see some of the exchanges.  Kind Regards.

Edit: In the Past, USMB used to have an i-Trader rating feature...

Also I decided to open another thread, dedicated to seek and find those items and Parts that I might need to keep alive, my beloved Subaru, the thread is called:

"Christmas Gift for my BumbleBeast!" ban2.gif

And the Link is Here: ~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/124135-christmas-gift-for-my-bumblebeast/

Kind Regards.

I may be wrong, but I didb't notice anything about EA81 engines...

I am perhaps experiencing a false perception of prejudice such engines?

It seems that everyone loves the turbos and other engines, while the poor EA81 engines may feel under-valued, unappreciated, and discriminated against.

- Although I know that is imparting consciousnessand emotion onto inanimate and adjuct objects or sub-assemblies of objects, lol...

So, I decided to change the Whole set of Coolant Hoses on my Subaru "BumbleBeast"

FreshHosesandcoolantforBumbleBeast.jpg

and I found that the water inlet pipe, known as the thermostat housing, was covered with some kind of scales plaque, and when I tried to clean it, a chunk of metal broke off from it.

This is not the first time I dealt with a broken inlet pipe, I managed to get made a brand new one for my '69 coupé, long years ago; that was made of Brass.

Thermostat%20Housings.jpg

So this time, I decided to get another one "Made in Honduras" 

but this time done in thick aluminium; So this is the Results:

Water%20inlet.jpg

I made this Photo Collage, just for Fun:  :) 

Ultra%20Grey%20Smeared.jpg

The original material from those Thermostat Housings, is known as "Pot Metal"

Housings.jpg

The upper threads aren't needed on my Subie, so the new aluminium inlet pipe looks cleaner; also I don't use thermostat on that engine, since late 1985, it isn't really needed in the Caribbean climates... 

The full story is Here: ~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/99881-what-have-you-done-to-your-soobie-lately-please-post-in-here-and-keep-it-going/?p=1275128

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

Looking at that video, did you paint your instrument cluster dials yellow? Or are my eyes fooling me?

No, I did Not painted anything on the instrument Cluster and your eyes are not fooling you. My "BumbleBeast" is an "Early Edition" 1985 Model, and thus explain the reason why it has Amber tinted instrument Cluster + Dashboard buttons from factory, instead of the factory Green everything, found on Later models.

Here you can see a Comparison between the Newer and the Older instrument clusters on the same car, that is Not my photo, I found it online, and in it, both instrument clusters are lit with regular incandescent Bulbs:

Newer%20Green%20Vs%20Older%20Amber.jpg

On previous page, post Nº 65 of this thread, you can see Photos and even a Video of how it looks the original Amber instrument cluster of my "BumbleBeast" after I changed all its incandescent bulbs, with white, multi tip Leds:

27-LedCluster2.jpg

Kind Regards.

• Like 2

that looks sweet ..we did blue led on the brat cluster along with all lights except high beams.. lows are hid...power savings are huge for first gen charging systems that just love to blow glass fuses and tease us with the idea of putting a 22 shell in its place to get home in the midle of the night.....you have a great thread packed with extensive knowledge.i did not know the bumble beast was a family heirloom until i thumbed through your thread...i hope it stays in your family for generations to come.. my brat also now belongs to my son.

• Like 1

I actually bought replaceents for all my dash lighting in LED -BUT! I have small, simple headlamps that use various kinds of LEDs, and every one of them causes someinterference on my radio, so I have putt hem away and decided to stick with incandescents.

If you could, maybe you could bring an AM/FM radio into your car, turn one the dash lights, turn signal blinkers, etc. and see if your LED dash lighting causes any interference on AM or FM ??? - As I recall, the interference was on (or worse on) certain frequencies mostly,not sure which ones, and you probably have different stations where you live.

I would be greatful for some reall ife input on this!

Thanks

...you have a great thread packed with extensive knowledge.i did not know the bumble beast was a family heirloom until i thumbed through your thread...i hope it stays in your family for generations to come...

Thank you so much for your Kind Words, which I Really Appreciate ... thumbsup-1.jpg ...

I decided to make individual Writeups for each different Modification,

instead of making one single Huge Thread with everything,

where useful information could get lost among pages...

and this thread is an "index" for those writeups.

Also I have another family Heirloom car:

​Click ~► Here for info & Photos.

Kind Regards.

• 2 months later...

The Latin American Domestic Market (LADM) received the "Raised Amber indicator Lights on clear background" style corner lights, along the Plastic housing Headlamps, on the EA82's made from 1990 to 1994...

Plastic%20Housing%20Loyale%20HeadLamps.j

...but those parts became scarce, since the Local Subaru Dealer disappeared; also those are almost impossible to find on the local aftermarket stores; however some time ago, coincidentally I went to one of the many local car-parts' stores and I saw a set of that mere style corner lights, but aftermarket; crappy quality, reproductions made by DEPO in Taiwan, not original Subaru ones. I always wanted the original ones.

Suddenly, this Box arrived from Australia:

Box%20Opened-1.jpg

Thank you, Jono, for Sending me those nice, Original Subaru Corner Lights happysignthankspinIPB.gif

Here you can see a Comparison between the Lightweighted reproductions made in Taiwan by "DEPO", versus the heavyweighted original Subaru corner lights, made in Japan, by "KOITO"

Corner%20Lights.jpg

Just in case someone needs to order these from DEPO,

here's their part number, found on the Box:

DEPO%20part%20Number.jpg

The only disadvantage of the Raised Amber on clear style corner lights, is that both lamps uses T-10 Bulbs; while the ones that has Flat Amber part, or Raised Amber part on amber style, uses a much bigger 1156 (Single Contact) bulb in Front, which is more powerful.

Kind Regards.

Edit: underlined words are web links.