Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally picked it up 1976 Subaru Coupe

My mistake. :D

Anywho I'm subscribed now, interested to see where this goes. :popcorn:

Looks like a lot of fun.

hehe, no worries, and sweet, I like to keep progress going, so more watchers means more encouragement to do picture worthy stages...:) Here in a week or two, I should be ordering the hood, roof and windshield.

This is correct! now, they DID try frenching it in WITH a 1/4" of bondo, but thankfully the gel-coat rejected it fairly well and it came off with a putty knife in HUGE sheets :3 the more bondo I peel off, the prettier the car gets!

edit:

And the more REAL fiberglass I uncover, the better the body lines are matched, this was likely a very high quality after market kit OR the dude/gal that made these parts was SKILLED as hell and had lots of time on thier hands...

Oh man, we or you need to make copies of that kit. I love the fender flares too.

Oh man, we or you need to make copies of that kit. I love the fender flares too.

I'd love to! I've made my own hood scoops before, but each time I went to sell a batch, I could only get a few people to sign up and only ONE paid, so I only made two of em :P

PICT0374.jpg

PICT0377.jpg

th_ScoopMovie01.jpg

Edited by Legacy RallyGuy

• 6 months later...
Have a fresh Guinness and relax. It'll be here when you get back. :-p

Well, I don't think I'll be back the area for a while, even if on vacation. :) I love Ireland :P And the Guinness is growing on me!

Looking sweet!

Thank you! hopefully I'll be able to sell my house/Forester in trade for some work on it or something :P

the more i see these old sedans the more i want one, looks great so far:popcorn:

I know, it was the same for me, I just wanted it more and more!

• 2 months later...
How much longer is the overall body length of a coupe compared to a wagon

edit: nevermind they are the same

Subaru is very good at that... The wheelbase is so close to the same length on so many of their cars, as well as over-all length! Now, sometimes *in later years, the front end is a bit narrower, like on the bugeyes.

• 2 weeks later...