Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Interesting engine

Look at Post Nº 838 in this Page:

investigating on internet, I Found that in Australia were Available a "Safari" Version of EA81 Subarus...

safariengine.jpg?t=1291837413

also, please Look at Post Nº 355

for another Rare Engine:

EA71RallyTurbo2.jpg?t=1229935548

EA71RallyTurbo1.jpg?t=1229935583

EA71RallyTurbo3.jpg?t=1229935522

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo
center the images

Look at Post Nº 838 in this Page:

investigating on internet, I Found that in Australia were Available a "Safari" Version of EA81 Subarus...

where did you find this information? the only place ive heard of this stems from this board, ive talked to people about it and they say it was never sold and only one was made.

where did you find this information? the only place ive heard of this stems from this board, ive talked to people about it and they say it was never sold and only one was made.

Well... I Found that info Long time ago on internet, somehow it said that the Safari Twin Carb setup was an Option for the 4X4 Dual Range only, also that it was Sold in Australia and very few other Places.

Since you're from Australia, you can investigate further...

The Picture of the Quad (Spider) intake EA81 Looks like a Custom made intake for the EA81 with that heads intended to run Twin carbs.

Could you post more info about that?

Kind Regards.

I never heard of that engine and that period of time nothing subaru slipped by me, subaru only came back into rally in australia in 86 with the rx turbo, before that it was in the mid 70's with the rx1400 which i saw one when i bought my second ff1. But in saying it could of slipped pass me with out my knowing. SUB4 from NZ make 4 port heads for the ea81 for aircraft use.http://www.autoflight.co.nz/dominator/engine-1.jpg

Cheers Thierry

Edited by maudsland

Well... I Found that info Long time ago on internet, somehow it said that the Safari Twin Carb setup was an Option for the 4X4 Dual Range only, also that it was Sold in Australia and very few other Places.

Since you're from Australia, you can investigate further...

The Picture of the Quad (Spider) intake EA81 Looks like a Custom made intake for the EA81 with that heads intended to run Twin carbs.

Could you post more info about that?

Kind Regards.

thats just it, ive searched everywhere and only found that single one been built, and now with that photo there's 2.

but theres nothing anywhere

• 2 weeks later...
SUB4 from NZ make 4 port heads for the ea81 for aircraft use.http://www.autoflight.co.nz/dominator/engine-1.jpg

Cheers Thierry

SUB4 hasnt been around for a few years now.

I dont even think there website is still alive.

One of the guys on this site brought the last set heads avaible for his Brat in UK.