Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA-82TT Engine Management Swap

Quidam

I'm looking for a garage for the winter to put this car together. Must have heat. The engines and a lot of the parts are in the car or at another garage I use.

Doug

I'm thinking a custom set of Wisco pistons for one motor. I have a strong desire to have custom head studs made, then offer them to other builders. 

I need to have a couple EA 81 head studs in my hand. Hit me up if you can sell them to me.

Doug

Edited by Quidam

"On my last build I used EA82 head studs on the EA81." That should read, EA 82 head bolts, correct?

I need studs because if you overtorque head bolts you WILL distort the bore and that's to be avoided at the power level I'm going for.

One motor I'll have to preheat the engine with block heaters to even start it. Total Seal piston rings and Wiseco pistons full custom.

Doug

Steel inserts and larger studs than the EA 81 is definitely on the table. Except for the fact that builders may opt for, and I'll sell more of the stock thread.

Fat studs is what I really want and steel inserts would be icing on the cake.

Doug

Edited by Quidam