Ultimate Subaru Message Board
tundrabrat

Tundrabrat Build

what's the little brass thing to the left of the crank then?

Sorry, I thought you were talking about in the picture of the brush guard... yes, that "brass thing" is a block heater. All the EA81 motors I have, have them.

Edited by tundrabrat

29FEC6B8-3907-4BBD-B47C-0E574E001763_zps

The owner of the dealership sent this to me today... He said every car on the floor had to have a price listed.

Edited by tundrabrat
  • Like 5

81EFEB6B-3F04-4671-951D-6855FB258B8C_zps

Brought her home on Friday and fitted the pushbar I picked up this past winter and the NOS fog light kit that I've had for a few years.

Edited by tundrabrat
  • Like 4

This I s such a nice build. I am truly inspired. I'm looking forward to pouring this much love into mine.

I wish you had a body repair tutorial on here. Lol

BCC4086E-FE61-44CC-A355-9CCDFA8D434D_zps

Cleaning out the garage to fit in the next project (70 Datsun roadster) and found the 50# bucket of rust I cut out of her. I had always intended to take a picture of it but then lost it in my garage for the last year LOL.

Now I can throw it out!

Edited by tundrabrat
  • Like 6

Brought her home on Friday and fitted the pushbar I picked up this past winter and the NOS fog light kit that I've had for a few years.

Is that brush guard bolted on, or just wrapped around the bumper. I picked one up a few years ago and lost a few brackets that I KNOW were used to bolt it to the car somehow. I'm certain because i unbolted it from the previous BRAT myself and still have the bolts, but I cannot for the life of me remember where I put the brackets or what they bolted to.

I brought it up on the forum a while back and everyone said they just had theirs on the bumper as a snug fit with no bolts.

Brought this home yesterday, I'll start a build thread next month on this. Plans are to get it rock solid (mechanically and body), save the patina and turn it into a survivor daily driver.

670F77F2-CF78-43CD-ACE6-80BDE1DC34BC_zps

124805F4-5482-4119-8612-C81F55EC3C4B_zps

• Like 1