Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It is probably the one without the sensor fittings. Some makes put sensors in the radiator, but Subaru has generally put the ECTS and temp gauge sensors sort of under the intake manifold.

Obviously if you have an auto trans you need the radiator with the in-tank ATF cooler. Sometimes the aftermarket ones are more of a 'general' fit that might not quite match exactly what is in there now, such as with regard to getting the fans to mount properly, etc.

buy from radiator barn, quick shipping, right fit, 2 day delivery

That was not my experience with radiator barn. There website said i should get it in two days.

After four days i called to see if i could get a tracking number, they acted really put out to get it, but they did. it ended up taking a full five days after i ordered it. Fine, sometimes things get delayed, but there was no reason for them to be rude.

I got one for my 99 at advanced auto and had the same question come up. They had the no sensor version in stock and that was correct for my car. Quality seemed OK and it went right in.

Thanks, good info. I checked other on line sources for radiators. All listed just one type, not two, with no reference to sensor fittings. Since I can't find any sensors on my radiator, and you bought the unit with no sensors, then I have to think the Advance Auto product listing is incorrect. No sensor unit must be correct.

• 11 months later...

Good source info. I'm thinking I'm going to replace my '96 and '94 original radiators, I figure they are probably on borrowed time at this point. Now that I don't have AAA anymore it will cost me the price of a rad to have it towed anyway plus I'll still have to buy a rad plus I really don't want any break downs in the winter because it will of course be during some snow storm when all the tow companies then say it's 4 hours til they can get there.

So for '96 radiator barn seems good, yes like $80 shipped. Advanceauto is like $129.

'94 is like $150 at radiator barn but I see advanceauto has one for like $127, then right now they have the 15% off, free shipping, plus a $25 coupon for a future purchase, so that should work.

eta, decided to go with two vista-pro 432536 rads from rockauto, listed at $90 each, SummitRacing price was like $127 for the same rad. Rockauto shows it will fit both applications so hopefully that will work.

Edited by porcupine73

The advanceauto 15% off plus $25 coupon for later looked nice. I saw the TYC on Amazon but it says 89.81 for me, oh I see there is another seller 76.25 free shipping not bad, I think I saw that one on rockauto too for $72 but not free shipping. I liked the description on the vista-pro, it might just be marketing hype but it at least made me feel like it is a quality unit. The rockauto shipping was $8 total for both rads. Probably all the rads are made that way though. Radiatorbarn had an all metal unit that looked interesting but was $150.

Edited by porcupine73