Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread

i think that the sedan is impractical because, the ea82 is no power house i dont see why you would go through the body work if your not going to do an engine swap. and i live in montana, so i dont have a use for a vehicle like that. maybe if i lived in a big city but, even then if that sedan was mine i would find out how to put a turbo WRX engine, or something with at least 300 bhp at the wheels!

Enough to Move that Car. ;)

ya all im saying is that if you really want a car that is fast and fuel efficiant there are so many more choices i would pick than a hopped up ea82.

i drive an ea82 because it has 4wd, good gas milage. easy to work on, and i can go places some trucks wont. it is the ultimate do everything vehicle

dont shoot me when i say this, i know alot of people are very brand bias, but honestly if i owend that ea82 sedan. i would keep the body the same and drop a turbo mitsubishi motor in it, and a functional computer with traction controll!!

:banana::banana::banana::brow::brow::Flame::Flame::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

dont shoot me when i say this, i know alot of people are very brand bias, but honestly if i owend that ea82 sedan. i would keep the body the same and drop a turbo mitsubishi motor in it, and a functional computer with traction controll!!

:banana::banana::banana::brow::brow::Flame::Flame::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Nah. :-p

Frankenmotor, or STI ej25.

whats a franken motor??

Ej25 block with ej22 or ej20 heads. You can also run different combos of cams for torque or hp. Basically it gives you higher compression; giving you a more powerful motor while still being n/a.

yeah i can now see the value of ej motors. before i was kind of clue less as to what they were, but now im going to start expanding my subaru knowledge.

you know what would be bad rump roast in that subaru on craigs list? is if you could drop a fully fuel injected ej in it, turbo alchahol injected instead of intercooled, that way you could run super cold conditions and make more power because alchahol has 2 extra particles of oxygen.

ya ive allways wanted an evo 8. i watched a dino pull of an turbo'd evo 8 with 10lbs of boost and it made 550hp @ 6000 rpm. in my opinion just as good as an WRX

I like the evo, but it violates my "I'm never owning a car with a sideways engine" rule. Because sideways engines suck to work on.