Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread

I love my soob and all but the evos are engineered really well.

15+ years of platform innovation. Much like subaru.

I can get an evo transmission out almost as fast as a typical rwd transmission. they are built smart. Easy to take further apart also.

Nothing beats the 60-90min subaru engine pull tho.

Sam

post-20888-136027655084_thumb.jpg

Edited by bluto5

I like the evo, but it violates my "I'm never owning a car with a sideways engine" rule. Because sideways engines suck to work on.

I KNOW RIGHT!!! :dead:

my mom has a 03' impalla and the oil filter is a B*tch to get too. my buddy at school is rebuilding his evo with turbo parts. on his evo witch is an 8 the engine compartment isnt any worse than that of an ea82. and besides subarus carry nestalgic value!!

when i say "rice rocket" i mean like tokeo drift bull sh*t. and i know what you mean as long as the vehicle i drive is fun, and practicle i dont care what others think.

that sedan is not practicle!

Who are you to define what is practical?

Any sedan isn't as practical as a wagon, for example. I can't put a sheet of plywood in my sedan. It's harder to load engines and transmissions into it when I go nuts at the junk yard...

But isn't it redundant saying one sedan is more impractical than the rest?

Unless you have a good reason, it's just a sedan.

i define what is practical to me, not any other human being. so im to define as practical to my standards, and to my standards it is not practical. that sedan is kind of like a chopped 50's chevy; in my opinion i think it is ridiculous and destroys the soul of the vehicle. no hard feelings just my opinion. :)

i mean if the person who owns that sedan was going to build street racing car. he could have done an ej swap and turbo'd it and then it would have been practical because then it would have been fast, and won races and so on and so forth. but with that ea82 it is probably about as fast as an stock eclipse.

Edited by wilcox

Instead of derailing the thread any longer with this silly chatter, let's get some content on the new page. Here's my practical and awesome sedan.

IMG_4099.JPG

that is pretty legit! i like how you did the lights in a triangular format so it tooks like a rally car from the early 90's

Any sedan isn't as practical as a wagon, for example. I can't put a sheet of plywood in my sedan. It's harder to load engines and transmissions into it when I go nuts at the junk yard...

But isn't it redundant saying one sedan is more impractical than the rest?

Unless you have a good reason, it's just a sedan.

Incorrect, read below.

i define what is practical to me, not any other human being. so im to define as practical to my standards, and to my standards it is not practical. that sedan is kind of like a chopped 50's chevy; in my opinion i think it is ridiculous and destroys the soul of the vehicle. no hard feelings just my opinion. :)

i mean if the person who owns that sedan was going to build street racing car. he could have done an ej swap and turbo'd it and then it would have been practical because then it would have been fast, and won races and so on and so forth. but with that ea82 it is probably about as fast as an stock eclipse.

Just because it's not EJ swapped doesn't make it not VERY quick. Could very well be a work in progress and the engine swap hasn't happened yet.

Edited by wentz912

Just because it's not EJ swapped doesn't make it not VERY quick.

This is true. Here is a slightly modified ea82t that makes a 14 second quarter mile. List of mods in his discription:

The engine in the sedan that started this arguement is obviously not stock either.

To Each Their Own! lol :horse:

yeah that was pretty fast for an almost stock ea82, and that other sedan wasnt stock iether. i can agree on the fact that the other sedan is pretty cool, and the body lines are a bit harsh, and even though its a work in progress it is a nice job done.

just currious what is a BOV?