Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread

Personal Favorite! Wish this was Wallpaper quality! Love the H wheels with the Mud-Terrains!

I know, It gives me ideas for the H wheels I have laying around. :brow:

Little older then that. That 3-Door is an '85-'86. Has the Full Amber strip side lights. Looks to have an '87 Bumper though? Hmm.

The bumper is '85-'86. '87 is the start of the facelift ea82s.

That picture was probably taken 20 years ago. Cars, trucks, tires, everything used to be smaller then.

Yes, I Agree!

Back in the 80s, 13" where pretty popular, and so where Baja style cars which ran such small tires. BFG and all tire manufactures used to make awesome tires for 13" rims. Now you can barely get anything good for 14"

They Continue Making such Kind of Tires in 13" but They don't go to the USA Market... I Wonder it could be due to the Low Demand.

We have 'em here, on the Latin American Market; some Pick Ups came here with 13" (like the Hyundai Pony), and some were "Upgraded" from 12" to 13" (like the Toyota 1000, which was available for Sale here up to 1987 on the Dealer) and some owners put those even on Small Sedans (like Subarus) here, because they "Need" that kind of Tire, due to our many many bad Muddy Roads...

...I need to go wash my eyes now... ...that day-glow green...

...and I thought my Yellow Wagons had very strong Colour...

... TMNT green...

Well Written, I Agree Absolutely.

Kind Regards.

Ah, I didn't notice the flush mount blinkers on it at first. Although, I though '85-'86 front bumpers where shorter? Didn't stick out as much? Must be my eyes.

As for the Mirrors, the 3-Door has a different rack to the front window, so I don't know if they did the "door mounted" mirror like on the wagons/sedans.

Anyone else can confirm this?

Still one hell of a nice Runabout if you ask me.

As for the Mirrors, the 3-Door has a different rack to the front window, so I don't know if they did the "door mounted" mirror like on the wagons/sedans.

For some reason I can't even find a '85 3 door coupe picture. Did they even exist in '85? :confused:

Heres another conundrum:

Engine looks n/a, why does he have a top mount intercooler?

428317_405531846130709_100000216909175_1811175_1708020307_n.jpg

424946_405531816130712_100000216909175_1811174_334405673_n.jpg

Ah, I didn't notice the flush mount blinkers on it at first. Although, I though '85-'86 front bumpers where shorter? Didn't stick out as much? Must be my eyes.

Still one hell of a nice Runabout if you ask me.

My 1985 owners manual only lists a sedan and wagon. And are you positive that the "rack" of the windshield is different? I know the wheelbase is the same between the coupe and the wagon.

I am not 100% about them being made as a 1985 model (Although they were indeed manufactured in 1985) MilesFox has one.

As for the Rake of the windshield, I am pretty sure the 3-Doors/RXs have a different, less steep rake then the Wagons/Sedans. I've been told an RX mirror will not work on a Wagon/Sedan due to this.

Anyone else?

For some reason I can't even find a '85 3 door coupe picture. Did they even exist in '85? :confused:

Heres another conundrum:

Engine looks n/a, why does he have a top mount intercooler?

428317_405531846130709_100000216909175_1811175_1708020307_n.jpg

424946_405531816130712_100000216909175_1811174_334405673_n.jpg

Looks like an ac component.. Judging by the size of the rad it would have to be topmount

Yes, that is MilesFoxs', I've seen this car a number of times in person and even rode in it.

sweet jesus balls of fire! i spent so much time looking at that post and still have so much to read. that car is bad rump roast! its every thing that i want to do but dont have the balls or the money too.

Yes, that is MilesFoxs', I've seen this car a number of times in person and even rode in it.

Lol what I was getting at is that you said its an '85. His thread states its an '86. Still searching for an '85 coupe. :)