Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread

...The Tortoise is not running the 4 X 140 wheels, those look almost like...well...with the lugs apparently on the perimeter of the hub...just under...yes, I see it now, look, see...right...there! they are right around the inner portion of the rim itself...kind of like the mobile home wheels (murphy wheels), or...VW?...

Yes Timothy, The Earlier Subarus where all based on the 360, some variants from the 360 basic sedan where the Young, the young SS, (From Super Sports which had a slightly Bigger engine and partially removable soft roof) the Maia (with a Bigger 450 engine), the 360 "Lotus" also included a Convertible (Few where made) then came the 360 Wagon, the 360 Pick Up and the Famous 360 Van (Micro Bus) in which the Tortoise was Based.

Late 360's included the "Automatic Clutch" feature mated to a three speed gearbox.

All of them came with 10" rims and yes, the Lugs where near the Rim lip as you noticed, it is How ALL the 360's where made.

More info & Photos on the "Strange & Weird Subaru Stuff" Thread.

Look at the Above posted Link.  :D 

Kind Regards.

• Like 2

Thank you for the edification!

Amazing stuff. Early Japanese vehicles showed some real creativity for the domestic market, it's like they got all of the silliness out of their system before perfecting things for other markets.

10" wheels...wow...

"lets pull in here and get some off roading ATV tires, yeah I know its a hardware store, but they have wheelbarrow tires that would look mighty fine on this ride!"

heehee

thank you JesZek!

• Like 1

You're Welcome:D 

There are some of those Small Subaru 360's in USA,

also some USMB Members owns them,

like the World Famous "Stanley, the Wonder Van"

See Here:
~►
 http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/113668-meet-stanley-the-wonder-van/

Also you might like to see a Video of some 360's in a Mini Cars' Meeting:

Kind Regards.
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting the film clip - much appreciated. I love small cars and have owned variously, a Hillman Imp, 2 Morris Minors, An Asutin A30, a Mini, a rear-engined Skoda 120 rapide, 2 honda CRXs and a Triumph Herald Convertible - all practical, bought for very, very small sums and used as daily drivers. Small is Beautiful!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I live in Guadeloupe in French West Indies and there is a nearby island called St-Martin where old Subaru are very very common. I think that it is unique to the world, except for in Israel.

Here we can see many Liberos, XTs, Brats, Vivios, Rex, Leones, ...

I have many photos, but they are on my diskette. I close while waiting for these 2 photos of 2nd gen. Brat.

Please excuse my bad English.
Kind regards,

Tim

post-48292-0-41617300-1371820236_thumb.jpg

post-48292-0-22456700-1371820496_thumb.png

• Like 2

An hour and half early, to a pick'n'pull? THAT's dedication. :D

Spell that...Obsession and you'd be closer.

although I wish they had a decent pull/pick-a-part place here...because there isn't. (and that just plain sucks).

Love the Fender Mirrors by the way.

• Like 1

Haha, well, let's just say I was excited. There was supposedly some parts that I really wanted, but it was all junk. I just walked out with some front mud flaps and a shifter linkage (with good bushings!). Not to mention that my sleep schedule is all off during the summer, so I actually stayed up all night. I had nothing to do, so I just decided to head up early. Thought traffic was gonna be worse, but I left before rush hour hit.

Spell that...Obsession and you'd be closer.

although I wish they had a decent pull/pick-a-part place here...because there isn't. (and that just plain sucks).

Love the Fender Mirrors by the way.

Yeah, my usual PnP is about 45 minutes away. Sometimes I go to this one in Arlington, which is about 1.25 hours away. Usually they have a good variation of EA82s (and tons of early EJs), but lately it's been kinda dry. It was my first time going in a few months. Felt nice to be back in the yard.  :P Thanks for the comment on the fender mirrors. They get quite a few looks whilst driving down the road. I say they were $40 well spent.

Try central Florida..... I get all teenage-girl-spotting-Bieber excited if I even see an old school Subaru down here. In the year I've lived here, that has been exactly two times.

Lots of old Soobs here in the Northwest, but I usually get the same way. In the past year, I've seen about 10 (excluding junkyards, members' rides, etc.). Never seen a Brat on the road, nor an XT. On the way to the PnP, I caught a glimpse of the car next to me whilst on the freeway, and started freaking out. Thought it was an XT, but instead it was just an Alfa Romeo 164. I just caught a glimpse of the taillights, and they're quite similar. Similar style, or maybe it's just me. Still was cool to see an Alfa, since I don't see many of those. I saw a Peugeot a few weeks ago on the freeway. Cool to see that too. Anyways, yeah. Saw an RX in a PnP parking lot one time. I got excited, haha.

... Love the Fender Mirrors by the way.

Yes, I Love the looks of your nice Wagon with those Fender Mirrors,

Plus the Single Reverse Tail Lights Combo, Awesome! ...  :) ...

Few Subarus with Single Reverse Light Tail lights I've seen in Latin America,

but there are some that came factory like that.

... I saw a Peugeot a few weeks ago on the freeway. Cool to see that too. ...

Then, you could pick the 4X140 Rims from that Peugeot...

if you don't want to put 'em on your Subie,

you could sell 'em to another USMB Member.

Kind Regards.

Yes, I Love the looks of your nice Wagon with those Fender Mirrors,

Plus the Single Reverse Tail Lights Combo, Awesome! ...  :) ...

Few Subarus with Single Reverse Light Tail lights I've seen in Latin America,

but there are some that came factory like that.

Then, you could pick the 4X140 Rims from that Peugeot...

if you don't want to put 'em on your Subie,

you could sell 'em to another USMB Member.

Kind Regards.

From what I've gathered, these taillights are rare worldwide. Sure, maybe the majority of EA82s might have them in other countries. However, in other countries, EA82s are rare. Finding a parts car in other countries is even harder. So I think I got lucky getting these taillights.  :) Too bad Subaru never put fender mirrors on EA82 bodies (as far as I know). I know EA81s in other countries came with fender mirrors.

Too bad Peugeot was running and driving, haha. I would take the wheels from a parts car if I had the chance (and money). I probably wouldn't use them. For some reason, I like the look of the stock wheels+hubcaps, even though most people don't. I just wish there were more choices in tyres for 13" wheels.

Not exactly an "awesome" photo, but I figured, "where else to post this?". I went back to the junkyard today, and a suicidal bird jumped out in front of my wagon. Probably snapped its neck, since there was no blood. Car is undamaged, since it's just a small bird.

IMAG0315_zpsf3a73860.jpg

Come on, someone else post photos. I feel like I'm dominating this thread.  :eek: I'll try not to post again, or at least keep my posts short.

... Too bad Subaru never put fender mirrors on EA82 bodies (as far as I know) ...

Very kindly let me correct this: Yes, subaru Did put fender Mirrors in Early EA82's for the JDM and some LADM and Asian Market cars; Also, if you noticed, early EA82's front doors' windows are Full Crystal: No small triangle piece for mirrors there, the Door Mirrors where mount outside in the Door itself, like my 1985 "BumbleBeast"

I would upload here a Couple of those EA82 with Fender Mirrors photos... but my "Photobucket" account reached its monthly bandwidth half month ago...  :banghead: 

Kind Regards.

Very kindly let me correct this: Yes, subaru Did put fender Mirrors in Early EA82's for the JDM and some LADM and Asian Market cars; Also, if you noticed, early EA82's front doors' windows are Full Crystal: No small triangle piece for mirrors there, the Door Mirrors where mount outside in the Door itself, like my 1985 "BumbleBeast"

I would upload here a Couple of those EA82 with Fender Mirrors photos... but my "Photobucket" account reached its monthly bandwidth half month ago...  :banghead: 

Kind Regards.

Hmm, I am very interested in seeing a photo or two. I've noticed that the '85 and '86 models had the mirrors on the doors, not the windows. But I never thought they had fender mirrors.

A quick search on Google Images, and I found these two (look's like they're from your Photobucket account; I downloaded the images, and uploaded them to my Photobucket account):

subaru_leone_2915590_orig_zps34236e3b.jp

1983subaru_leone_zps493b3855.jpg

Very cool! I guess you learn something new every day. Well now if any strangers come up and ask about my fender mirrors, I can say they were sold in the JDM and LADM, as well as some others (even though my mirrors aren't exactly like the ones in the two photos).  :)

Edited by jj421
  • Like 1

Yes, both photos where in my "Photobucket" account ... thank you for re-uploadin' them.  :)

Also the Rain Guards where a Factory "Optional Equipment" ... in fact there is a USMB Member (nico) who is Building an Awesome EJ Swapped Loyale Sedan and he obtained a pair of those Rainguards, (His build thread is ~► Here) those are Metallic and made in Japan; also where available for the EA81 models and the late 1970's RX's (Twin Carb EA71)

All that info & Photos where previously posted at the "Strange & Weird Subaru Stuff" Thread.

Kind Regards.