Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread

Yesssss... What model is that bottom one?

Are you asking about the black one? 

The AMC Gremlin in the background makes me think this was taken in the US. lt looks like a mid-70's Leone. Of course back then, we just called them Subaru GL or DL ... 1974 or 1975 maybe?

Edited by scole665

Well im just wondering because the grill looks different and the rear fender doesnt seem to come up as high

Well, I'm no expert in this, but I think they made 3 different 2-door Subarus back then, that were all slightly different. But, the front is the give away to me or maybe I'm just drunk... :D  

I had a chance (a chance!) to grab one a few years back for stupid cheap, up in Monument Colorado. Guy had to sell several of his vehicles to pay bills after the economy fell. I think he was asking $1200 for a '78 coupe in good, running condition; said it was one of his daily drivers. Sadly, I couldn't scrape the cash together quick enough  :(

I had a chance (a chance!) to grab one a few years back for stupid cheap, up in Monument Colorado. Guy had to sell several of his vehicles to pay bills after the economy fell. I think he was asking $1200 for a '78 coupe in good, running condition; said it was one of his daily drivers. Sadly, I couldn't scrape the cash together quick enough  :(

The one that got away.... I have a few dozen of those! The last one was a 1978 Wagon here in Phoenix. I looked at it, came home to see about cash, called him right back and he sold it. He was asking less than $1500 with no rust, orig. paint and a gorgeous interior and new tires!!! So pissed at myself for losing out on that one. 

I really want one... Ive got the brat for offroad and i want a coupe of that era to make into a street car

Street car? Don't all cars start in this world as a street car?  :) It would make a terrific addition to your collection. 

Edited by scole665