Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread

34FA5316-9EBC-4E6C-A606-0027145FE1DC_zps

Here you go... in the flesh.

Is this your car or something you saw? I'm planing to do this to a Ea82 soon as well and some more info on this would be great. What year is this it looks like a Loyale but hard to tell for sure at that angle. If it's yours did you use the rear hatch for the back window?  I really like how it looks , Hope mine comes out as nice. 

Does the tail gate work? I plan to cut mine off above the tail lights so the tail gate is just square and weld the corners to the body for a cleaner look. Here is what I hope to build, this is photo shoped.

DSC00619_zps825d8ac6.jpg

Edited by Fish-N-Fool
  • Like 1

subeepickup_zpsee8d67df.jpg

Just look how cool this would have been with a little lift and to have the tailgate fixed like I plan to do mine. I think I'm going to do my (paint job) in lime green colored spray on truck bed liner with some black for accent. I plan to really off road this and tow and launch a small bass boat up into remote lakes. I just replaced my push button 5 speed with a hi-lo dual range 5 speed. Next comes the lift and suspension mods to 6 lug 15" wheels with some monster mudders, then on to the body chop to turn it into a truck. Cooool huh !!!!!

subeet_zpse3e1dcd2.jpg

Edited by Fish-N-Fool

I know it's just my opinion but I sort of like the way he's kept the wagon hatch line over the top of the lights, I can also see how the usual ute tailgate look has its appeal though. Just something else about it that makes it look unique.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

^^It would be awesome if it had the stock radio I am searching...clock, mirror switch,-things with orange lights! Also the shifter console if it"s  5 speed D/R...Brown plastic stuff...

:brow: -Care to pick it for me?

Edited by rrgrr

Here is my newest subaru. beetle. bugaru? Very rednecked, very cool. runs and drives! needs radiator mounting solution and lots of un-hillbilly work but gotta lend it to them, with what little welding skill they had and lots of spray foam, silicone and bondo they sure made a cool looking beast. 73? super beetle on top of 85? D/R GL hatch.

post-31972-0-32993800-1423421250_thumb.jpg

post-31972-0-89412300-1423421274_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Loyale 2.7 Turbo! Some more info: I wouldn't necessarily call it an engine swap, though I don't know what I would call it. Car sandwich? The vehicle retains most of both unibodies, so it's essentially a GL hatch with the body cut mostly off and a beetle with some, but not much of the pan modified. I'll post more pictures but its pretty cool, the rear floor of the subaru is now the trunk of the bug, filling some space where the rear engine was.

I haven't had much time to inspect it more as of yet. My friend picked it up, borrowed some parts from me and got it running (they didn't know how to time a subaru at all - cams were both set at 12:00 on the TDC mark) then gave it to me to make room in his car hoard. there are some really funny hacks that I can improve on. Like the alternator bracket made from a chevy seatbelt floor clip using a thermostat bolt to hold it down on the engine. oh yeah, the thermostat is turned around too for hose clearance.

• Like 1

Thanks Loyale 2.7 Turbo! Some more info: I wouldn't necessarily call it an engine swap, though I don't know what I would call it. Car sandwich? ...

You're Welcome! ... :) ... That is a Fun Project for sure.

I've seen such kind of Mixes in the Past... Like this Twin Engined Brat / Bug remix, see:

~► http://www.carpictures.com/vehicle/08JJJ073628201/Volkswagen-Bug-and-Subaru-GL-Custom-1973

I kindly suggest you to Start your own Thread at the "Member's Rides" section.

Kind Regards.