Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread

New to the site, but not to Subarus. Here's the latest, 1989 XT6. Been wanting an XT since they came out. I remember seeing the commercials when I was getting my driver's license. Any other XT owners or officianado's please drop me a line, I'm sure I'll be needing advice or other knowledge somewhere along the way. Got this baby for CHEAP due to a cobbled up fuseable link on the clean battery power.

XT.jpg

Edited by longtimeacoming
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

An pic of an wheeling mishap a few years ago. A little digging (12 hours) lol and once the snow melted she beasted out with the 4lo. And the ej22 that I put in kept us warm :-D  i built that car with my gf at the time...

Once we broke up, the first thing I did was get those gaudy stickers off of that beautiful paint haha! She was one of those obnoxious subaru chicks, no muffler or cat on her previous ea82 that went to the jy after skipped timing. This was before she met me, and she knew the baby lion would be better with me. A little before and after, note the paper plate! 

20170212_084039.thumb.jpg.91c2ee831cbc0a60b6c14cd64177b2aa.jpg

20171216_153046.thumb.jpg.abf1eb1d8b6d19c5993b8bf6861a3eb6.jpg

661605843_samsungshit264.thumb.jpg.73c88b88656030d9ceeecbbd9cb4ed55.jpg

Edited by sparkyboy

@sparkyboy - they’re the original “Scorpion” rims by scorpion Subaru back in the day. There is a very similar rim available nowadays that’s based on this rim. Can get them in black or white and are probably very light compared to these rims.  I’m really digging the look of the brumby with these rims now!

Cheers 

Bennie

I've seen those scorpion wheels out of Australia i think? Not bad price at all either $500 i might get for my xt unless I can find 3 more of the factory 8 spokes. :P Those are my fave.

It's good to see someone still supporting the 4x140, the four wheel disc brakes on the xt makes her drop an anchor hard, so I am skipping the five lug swap, and 13s or 14s tucked nicely into the wheel wells really set off an old L body.

• Like 1

My two old skool subi’s together, now sporting the same rims together but with different boots. It took me a couple of days to fully come around with the new look of the brumby but I’m really digging it now!

6RKH6N.jpg

Can’t wait for some planned upgrades on the brumby, but I am really enjoying just driving it atm!

Cheers 

Bennie

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know that the third gen of the Subaru Leone, also know as "Loyale" and other names, was only sold with the 1.8L EA82 engine in USA, but outside the USA the 1.6L EA71 and the 1.3L EA65 engines, were also available on the same platform. So here let me share some interesting details of the EA65 engined versions:

RnHJKIP.jpg

• 2 weeks later...