Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Some pictures of my L wagon in various configurations... Fenders are a bit ugly at the moment but I've had bigger problems to deal with :) Eventually they'll get flares and a paint job.

d8OLvtr.jpg

LTQjKCi.jpg

tDGg5mn.jpg

Upset someone cut the bottom rung off the 3 tube bullbar I found, but it's still pretty good.

CUUcD25.jpg

Hope you all like those camber angles. I'm sure something ain't right there...

4usteQ8.jpg

5TCvq4t.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of pics that my lady took on a drive last weekend out to Lake Coleridge. She's driving the subie for 3 months while I'm overseas. Apparently 4x140 life is growing on her... she says it's more fun to drive than her Colt Plus haha

7MEkeFv.jpg

MzPftNh.jpg

Edited by KiwiGL
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

1981 wagon been sitting since ~2003 (so 16+ years) before and after. Started getting real bad lichen on the shady side.  Getting it back into commuting shape. Parts going to powdercoat and coming back.

Letting cars sit for so long just absolutely kills them.

tn_IMG_2534.thumb.JPG.f4ed28b664e8dcd371e0da3e1bdde8e6.JPGtn_IMG_6586.thumb.JPG.4a0aad1e1360ef136e1294033bd12c64.JPG

Edited by Subi81
Removed extra pictures
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2019 at 1:49 PM, Subi81 said:

1981 wagon been sitting since ~2003 (so 16+ years) before and after. Started getting real bad lichen on the shady side.  Getting it back into commuting shape. Parts going to powdercoat and coming back.

Letting cars sit for so long just absolutely kills them.

I've got to say, I remember that deer bar (it was on my 1981 4x4 back in 1985). Mine also had the center light that flipped open and closed. Are you interested in letting one of them go (it'd look great on my 84).

I am also noticing something else in this thread. I am seeing a LOT of broken picture links, and I think I know what happened (as it happened to my online "Chrysler Sebring Convertible Club" forum as well). It appears your forum migrated to "Tapatalk" not too long ago. We (at the CSCC) also migrated in January of last year.   www.sebringclub.net

We migrated our forum from our own hosted provider and forklifted the entire forum/site to the Tapatalk infrastructure. Luckily, we had a alternative "gallery" at our forum and the Tapatalk admins migrated all of the links (and copied the gallery pictures database into its own location on the Tapatalk server). So many of our images survived the migration intact. It is a shame that a lot of the pics in this thread are broken links, a damn shame. It also didn't help that tinypic.com and other picture hosting sites went bust or ended their free hosting (also breaking a lot of picture links).

Anyhow, I just thought I'd mention that I feel for the admins of this site (the migration to Tapatalk was difficult for us also). 

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2019 at 10:15 PM, subieroo said:

S5TCvq4t.jpg

Your Nice Subaru DL also has the tiny holes for the elusive in-dashboard mounted speaker,

found on the LADM (Latin American Domestic Market) Specs, Subaru Loyale DL.

See this example:

https://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/122906-the-awesome-older-generation-picture-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1399660

Kind Regards.

I didn’t know this was an elusive “item”. All Australian delivered DL’s have the single in-dash speaker (povo pack) “stereo system”. 

I’ve since put speakers in the doors on mine - pretty much the first mid I did over a decade ago! 

Cheers 

Bennie

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

DtXPGMA.jpg

X7hfpLS.jpg

ZgAOenX.jpg

tpuhkeS.jpg

Here's my 1988 GL. I just added some LED fog lights in the stock location (and proceeded to send it WAY too hard down a dirt road, so I had to fix the mounting the day after I put them on) and I also replaced the strut rod bushings and one of the lower ball joints. Hopefully there is more to come... I have engine and transmission mounts as well as new tie rod ends waiting to go on it. I need to work out the reason it feels down on power and there is probably more to do suspension-wise, as it seems to lean a bit toward the driver's side front wheel (perhaps a sagging spring?) and the shocks feel pretty tired. Definitely a fun little car, though!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 11:04 AM, Loyale 2.7 Turbo said:

I know that the third gen of the Subaru Leone, also know as "Loyale" and other names, was only sold with the 1.8L EA82 engine in USA, but outside the USA the 1.6L EA71 and the 1.3L EA65 engines, were also available on the same platform. So here let me share some interesting details of the EA65 engined versions:

RnHJKIP.jpg

Man, in-dash speaker -is just very cheap mod. ) I have this one on Japan Leone with ea71

• 2 weeks later...

That’s so awesome! Targa top too. Good choice! Keep it tidy and don’t go over modding it so it’s ruined ;) 

Here’s mine. It’ll get an EJ and an AWD box to go with it. All reversible. 

Ey4yNo.jpg 

MoJlBv.jpg

uWutMS.jpg

^ the white brumby is my mother inlaw’s, she had it on the road for about 12 years. It’s now sitting and waiting for club rego so it can still be driven semi regularly. 

I hope your son learns to drive them properly. Ringing their neck every day because they’re slow will only kill them. 

Cheers 

Bennie

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...