Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread

Never heard of a telephoto lens, I have seen people cop rocks from rear wheel drive and All wheel drive rally cars sometimes breaking a lens and other times more painful like one who copped a rock in the Family Jewels (he went down like he was shot moaning in agony).

73subaruglcoupe

2234595566 d2b8b7fe00

Leone1

• 2 weeks later...

Drive safely! Try not to push the accelerator pedal *through* the floor!

Trip is done already. It came nicely all the way even it had almost 450kg weight in the trailer and some 150kg more in the trunk. Had to use fourth gear pretty much but otherwise no problems even in the steep hills. So safe and sound where it should be :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! ... it looks nice. 

I made the one on my "BumbleBeast" with sheetmetal.

Kind Regards.

Thanks for the opinion ! On it goes then. 

This one is made out of ABS and I payed under 15€ delivered. It seems to be sturdy enough to handle the stress it gets in there. I already modded it to have more opening in front so it can flow more air trough it. I will probably attach it with rivets (maybe rivet nuts) and with the supplied sticky tape in there already. I'll cut the hood under it to direct air to my intercooler before putting it on. 

It looked like this when it arrived: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODAwWDgwMA==/z/3bwAAOSwnDZT~v1D/$_57.JPG

• Like 1

I call the one I made, the "interFooler"

Please see ~► Here, for further details.  :D 

... This one is made out of ABS ... attach it with rivets (maybe rivet nuts) and with the supplied sticky tape in there already ...

Rivets / Blind Rivets could break the ABS Plastic.  :o 

I kindly suggest you to use screws with washers, instead.

With nuts in the underside. Kind Regards.

I call the one I made, the "interFooler"

Please see ~► Here, for further details.  :D 

Rivets / Blind Rivets could break the ABS Plastic.  :o 

I kindly suggest you to use screws with washers, instead.

With nuts in the underside. Kind Regards.

Yes I was thinking of using rivet nut inserts that has thread in them on the bonnet and screws with washers to fix the scoop in its place. This way the scoop is easily removable and the bonnet has strong mounting points in it. This way there is no need to fight with bolts on downside of the hood. But I have a lot of time to think how I will fit it really.

It is ugly and you lose sleeper look. Put fimic or air to water intercooler.

Too expensive at the moment. Already have TMIC from -00 GT impreza mounted in there. Also it will probably get FMIC later on and with that original hood back. 

• 2 weeks later...