Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread

Wow, thats an awesome price! I think I might try and get the same ones. My car has 220/70R14s right now but are aged and are extremely crappy in the snow! I priced some BF Goodrich 195/75R14s All Terrain T/As and discount was at $645. From what I see on this site ALOT of people dig those AT2s so I might have to give em a shot. Hey another idea for a rooftop basket is making one out of pvc pipe from home depot or Lowe's, just use the pre made elbows, Ts etc and glue it all. I guess they're super strong and when painted black look pretty good. So thats an option for you, easily repairable too. You could do the entire rack for under $100 easy. I just LOVE to weld thats why im doing steel.

I highly recommend these tires! I hear they are amazing in the snow, but I'll have to see. :rolleyes: I was originally going to get the BF Goodrich All Terrains, until the guy at Discount Tire mentioned the Generals. I did some research and found that 27" tires are the biggest you can do with a 2" lift. The Generals are a lot bigger/beefier than the BFs. They're also cheaper, you can get the white lettering (although it doesn't last long if you play in mud), and they have better reviews online. The only downside I've experienced is they like to throw rocks everywhere at 30-40 MPH.

Best part was, the guy at Discount Tire has seen lifted EA82s come through his shop. :headbang:

Yeah, I could the PVC pipe, but I'd rather do metal. Something a little more secure. ;) I've welded before, and it was crazy fun. I'd love to weld again, if only I had the equipment.

P1130913_4_fused_zps82620364.jpg

P1130918_9_fused_zps9a33790e.jpg

Met with my buddy in his Ford Taurus. Shows the height difference, haha. My car's still cooler. :banana:

1796939_465760660190237_2040382268_o_zps

1911085_465760673523569_2104492770_o_zps

Where do you call home? I wish I could live in the northwest, I severely miss that place. We drove our 13' Outback out to Brookings, OR a month after we bought it last summer. I want to take a trip in my car up to Neah Bay some time for some adventure, that'd be a good trip!

I'm near Seattle, Washington. I love the northwest, haha. I don't plan on moving elsewhere anytime soon. I see you're in Wyoming... I plan to do a road trip to Wyoming at some point. My car was sold at some dealership in Wyoming in 1990, and I would like to try and find that dealership.

Bratman, we have almost the same setup, haha. Except you have a 4" lift, right? How do the tires do in the snow? I could've got them cheaper, yeah. But I didn't want to wait for shipping. I was getting my tax return check, paycheck, and lift kit all about the same time. So I needed the tires ASAP, and Discount Tire did a great job.

I'm near Seattle, Washington. I love the northwest, haha. I don't plan on moving elsewhere anytime soon. I see you're in Wyoming... I plan to do a road trip to Wyoming at some point. My car was sold at some dealership in Wyoming in 1990, and I would like to try and find that dealership.

Bratman, we have almost the same setup, haha. Except you have a 4" lift, right? How do the tires do in the snow? I could've got them cheaper, yeah. But I didn't want to wait for shipping. I was getting my tax return check, paycheck, and lift kit all about the same time. So I needed the tires ASAP, and Discount Tire did a great job.

Yep, 4" lift. I don't drive it in the winter. They use a ton of salt and calcium chloride on the roads here and it eats cars. I have one of the very few non rusted out old Subarus around and I'm trying to keep it that way!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...