Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread

Those long beds are super weird looking, i've never seen one before! Wouldn't be bad if the rear wheels were moved back, on a side note i've never been able to get into the bajas because the rear wheels should be moved back. I know it's for the ease of using the same platform across vehicles but geez.

Me in 1989 with my first Subaru.  It was a 1981 DL with 102,000k I bought from a dealer.  Perfect cosmetic condition, but I soon learned the ins and outs of changing CV joints, bearings, the clutch cable, the clutch and a couple of other things.  But I could not live without AWD and I replaced it a couple of years later with a proper 1985 GL.  Strangely, I have no pictures of that car!

Recently found this beautiful, quiet, remote spot. And it's only 5 minutes from my house. To get here, you have to go through two 10" deep mud puddles, which these General Grabber AT2 tires do great in, surprisingly. :headbang: I think, in my opinion, the only state that is more beautiful is Alaska. :brow: Western Canada is beautiful too.

P1110711_zps8ca9cc15.jpg

P1110710_zps05b320a7.jpg

P1110709_zps540d64cc.jpg

P1110707_zpsa4b04876.jpg

• Like 1

Haha, yup. Got like a 30 minute sun break. ;) The rain makes good mud, though! As far as jacks, I don't have one. Stock jack isn't high enough, so it's just sitting in a shed. Honestly, the spare tire on my roof is just decoration. Thinking of stealing the bottle jack from my mom's Ford Explorer and seeing if that works. She doesn't have a spare tire, so why does she need a jack? B)

cmon out, we could use more wierdos like you!

A couch to sleep on until I land a job and get my own place is all I'd need ;) lol

Love the mountains out there, the air, the people, the sense of adventure, and the ability to get parts for my GL! :-P

• Like 1