Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Home Made Outback sport body lift

sifu

Would like to get started on one...Or find something more affordable. Anyone ever try this? It seems hard to justify 500+ being charged.

What parts are used for a body lift on 97 outback sports, and anyone have the specs?

Thanks

Yeah, Already got the forester struts and springs...Got my 3 inch lift. Any more lift (from what I read) will probably damage the axls and CV joints. I understand a body lift will keep the angles the same, so will alleviate joint stress. Would like to get another 2" inches. A body lift like the one offered by SJR would be cool, but it costs hundreds for a couple pounds of metal. I think I can do better.

bump?

Want to lift more without destroying geometry!

Use all the spacer blocks and bolts from a 96-99 legacy Outback. You'll also need the lower control arm mounts, the steering coupler between the rack and the column, and some other parts, but that should do most of that.

Then make lift blocks the same height as the factory ones for the top of the struts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still a work in progress. Right now I'm working on the paint, but I'll be tackling the remainder shortly.

I have the plastic and some fresh struts. I've even secured a place to do the required metal work. Still need some metal tubing.