Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Check this out if you wanna Go Wheeling are Stock and are in the PNW!!! Free 2" lift

one eye

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been dreaming of a lift on my 97 obs.. at work.at the gym. in bed with the missus.

Yeah, that bad. Short of relocating, What would it take for you guys to part with that gen 2? :burnout:

Ordering up the decal, painting the car this weekend and next. It's gonna be badass.

I'd love to come down and go wheelin' with you guys, lift or not.

My only concern is that my loyale is my daily driver so I can't bash it up too bad, and I have to pass emissions testing once every 2 years, so I have to keep that in mind.

I picked up some Toyota 16" alloy rims and tire combo that works out to 29", any advice on how much trimming and firewall bashing required to fit them if possible without a lift would be appreciated?

I also have a dual range tranny and diff to put in, I'll probally need some help.

You shouldnt have to cut much of anything on your car, depends on the offset that your wheels are as to how much you may need to trim but I think youll be good, once you get all your ducks in a row send me a PM might be able to work somthing out to give you a had, I can Always go north to I have a Twic Card so I think that I can ge across the border with that.................

Jeff

I'll talk with Jeff, Subarus tend to gravitate towards him and he may have one he'd part with.

Whats your budget for a car?

Have you checked the "cars for sale section"?

Welcome to the forum BTW!

Josh

i checked the cars for sale section but not to much local

i have a 94 impreza and am a member on rs25 but just want to have a dd thats the total opposite of my other wagon.

ive seen some decent ones already lifted go for around 1000 bucks. so something under that? :lol:

Im in, I'll be there at the next meet just not with the subie. It has issues that require an engine swap like yesterday. gonna need an adapter plate and get my flywheel drilled. lookin at ordering a megasquirt for it also. already have the EJ22 from a 93 legy just gatherin the parts to make the carb to efi happen.

Maybe not for a subaru, but a tranny cooler goes a long ways.

And FYI, some of the best comp rigs and trail rigs run an auto trans......across the board.Period.

cheers

but they also have motors that can make power lol either way mines staying auto if that disqualifies me for this then so be it

too bad im up here in alaska id totally be down. and i got 2 wagons that run perfect and a set of 14" pug rims. the lift is the only thing i need... dam. if anyones got a cheap lift i'd buy it.. like the square tubing kind or a used kit. 2"? we need a wheelin group up here in alaska. god knows theres parts galore here. theres 3-5 85-91 subarus for less than 500 on CL up here.. most just owned by stupid people. not to mention the 1000 or so just sitting in random places around the state with timing belt,headgasket,fuelpump, problems

Edited by AKghandi

got my harness and started thinning it down for the EJ conversion, sent an email to Scott about an adapter and flywheel redrill, also picked up a set of front hubs and rotors and rear drums to redrill for 6lug. just need help building the 4" lift. I do have about 12 feet of 2x4x3/16 box tube just need some plate and pipe for the strut mounts and the bolts. getting closer to starting the build but gotta get my aunts ranger done and out of the shop to make room for the subie. excited to get this done but it has to be dependable as a daily driver yet still capable off road and snow. gonna start a new thread for the build as soon as it gets started.

matt

P.S. looking forward to meeting the club on the 10th just wont have the subie there look for the red miata with stripes and no I am not taking it wheelin lol . probably wont even make it to the trailhead.

Edited by greentowtruck

Maybe not for a subaru, but a tranny cooler goes a long ways.

And FYI, some of the best comp rigs and trail rigs run an auto trans......across the board.Period.

cheers

Sure...and a lot of them get dragged out and trailered home too when the trans pukes or they spend a pretty fair chunk of change on having a stout auto built. I'm no stranger to playing offroad...some guys are successful with autos (talking fullsize or buggy), however I don't care for them at all.

Sure...and a lot of them get dragged out and trailered home too when the trans pukes or they spend a pretty fair chunk of change on having a stout auto built. I'm no stranger to playing offroad...some guys are successful with autos (talking fullsize or buggy), however I don't care for them at all.

Yeah, and clutches NEVER fail.......;)

Making an auto survive offroad is just different technique. Keep that fluid cool, and the torque converter will be much happier. As for how an auto drives offroad, modifications can be made to make them respond differently. Trans brakes, and a stall converters correctly configured (A VERY RARE THING) for the engine's power band make a world of difference in how an auto drives.

As for this free stuff: can't believe nobody wants to get an EA82 Dual Range, and jump all over this deal.