Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My new Project: Leone Turismo

... That´s a lot better! Isn´t it beautiful? ...

Yes, it Does Look very Beautiful, Good Job!

I almost can't wait to see the Final results. icon14.gif

Also I Like the Mahindra Pick up in the Back, we have many of those in my Country... the "Scorpio" Diesel is pretty Popular.

Could I Ask if you plan to use the Steel 4X140 subaru Rims, or do you plan to put a set of alloy 4X140 rims?

Kind Regards.

as I wanted my very rare pre-facelift-Turismo original, it was biult back to original condition.

L

if u want it back to original condition wouldn't it have the gl-10 motor(ea82t) in it with the factory front and rear disc brakes but its your project(i plan on putting a ee diesil in my 85 brat someday with a 6 inch lift kit and running 15 in peugeots:headbang: it has a totaled title soo... that just means im going to have another brat close to stock;))

No, it had the EA82 with carb as standard. The only thing that will not be like when it came from the factory is the gearbox with AWD, low-range and lockable center-diff. It had the push-button-4WD standard.

@ Loyale 2.7 Turbo:

A friend of mine imports Tata Xenon and Mahindra Pick-Ups to Austria. Only in small numbers as workhorses for communities mostly. They are called Mahindra Goa here because Ford did not allow to call it Scorpio like their model from the 80s and 90s.

I´m not sure about the wheels. I may put some original alloy wheels on, but I have 4 brand-new steel-ones too. Let´s wait and see.

L

I will.

I wanted the carbed EA82 in it because that´s an engine which will always run, here it has the reputation that you can´t kill it. No electronics, no Turbo, just a simple carb. It will always be repairable. That was the intention.

yep there great motors saw one that went up to 650,000 miles without rebuild thats why it ended up in a junkyard, if u take care of these cars they seriously last forever (as long as u get rid of rust:brow:) by any chance is there any 85 brat tail lights over there? i thought there might be more of a aftermarket selection over where u live because there isn't much left in the US

• 4 months later...

Another little update from my Leone. Finally, every rust-spot (we discovered another small hole in the passenger-footwell) is welded, the whole car is at least 5kg heavier because we flooded every panel, the sills and the complete underside with waxoyl so rust will never get this Leone anymore! grin.gif

Now my friend and mechanic has started to get the car back together. He starts at the trunk and works forward. Some pictures from my visit to the workshop yesterday.

dscf8172x.jpg

bild2ox.jpg

Let´s wait and see what problems will occur on it´s way back together and on the road.

Lukas

• 1 year later...

Remember this one? Last tuesday, it got finished!

Look at the beauty of my 1986 Subaru Leone Turismo 1.8 GL Full-Time-AWD Dual Range:

leone-1.jpg

leone-3.jpg

Runs great, looks great, sounds great. One of the best Leones in Austria!

Lukas

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Last weekend, I took part in a classic hillclimb-event. We had to drive up a hill two times, they took our time and the driver with the most equal times won. I was 19th from 21. Yes, I was 45 seconds faster in the second turn. Just because I had so much fun in the Leone.

280.jpg

• Like 1

In Europe, we got the same rear-lights as the JDM-versions, so they are pretty standard and normal here. Yes, that´s a fog-light on the left, rear-view-light on the right.

Actually, no you didn't. JDM doesn't have rear fogs, so are the same as USDM & ADM.

It was the same with my 93 JDM Legacy import wagon. It had larger red part, "clear" indicators & then 2 reverse lights. ADM got yellow indicators with 1 reverse light & 1 rear fog.

Actually, I'm a little surprised no one from the US had a whinge that you "wrecked" a high roof wagon to help with this project :P

Seeing as they are rare there.

It's the same as us Aussies complaining when a US person wrecks a coupe :P