Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sounds like an alignment issue.

What is the vehicle history? Did you buy it like this recently, did you buy the tires, did it develop recently or has it been getting this way over a long period of time, any known accidents or winter slides into curbs, etc?

Found a used tire and as a temporary measure had the rapidly deteriorating tire on my car replaced with the used one with acceptable tread and of the same brand/model/size. However, when I returned home I noticed that the installer put it on backwards; i.e., these tires (BFGoodrich Traction TA) are directional, and it is on wrong. How big a deal is this? Is it simply an issue of noise from the tread pattern, or does it implicate the orientation of the belts, in which case it may be safety related? TIA.

Edited by J A Blazer
typo

Found a used tire and as a temporary measure had the rapidly deteriorating tire on my car replaced with the used one with acceptable tread and of the same brand/model/size. However, when I returned home I noticed that the installer put it on backwards; i.e., these tires (BFGoodrich Traction TA) are directional, and it is on wrong. How big a deal is this? Is it simply an issue of noise from the tread pattern, or does it implicate the orientation of the belts, in which case it may be safety related? TIA.

As a general rule I recall from 'the old days' a tire's rotation direction shouldn't be reversed. Of course, tires may be better/more tolerant of that these days. dunno

I'd have it flipped i think. Even if I had to pay for it. But, really, what kinda tire shop doesn't mark direction when they take stuff off, and pay attention when they mount them. That's tire swapping 101 lol!