Ultimate Subaru Message Board

safe redline?

exactly what it says on the cluster... unless you don't have a tach cluster... But if you don't have a tach then it doesn't matter anyways...

100_2237.jpg

(***photo jacked...***)

valve float is at around 7000rpm if i recall... don't do that though... my ea71 is wrecked now...:o

***EDIT: Just went and dug up a picture of my own and surprisingly it is different... Mine is from Oregon while the one above is from cali i believe. Different emissions stuff so the cluster is different...? Not sure but mine goes to 120mph vs 80mph (and it shows kph which would have been handy...) and mine has a 500rpm higher redline... weird. somebody else should elaborate...

IMGP1222.jpg

Edited by Zefy

Here's the formula to calculate a safe redline:

Redline = 5000 + [your mechanical ability from 1 to 10] * [number of spare engines you have] * [number of other drivable cars you have] / [minutes until the store closes] * [how much you like the exhaust noise] / [how far below E the gas gauge is] + [1000 if engine was recently rebuilt] + [1000 if engine needs a rebuild anyway] - [500 if you live in California] + [1250 if friends are in car] - [1500 if AAA membership is expired] + [1500 if you have an aftermarket intake and stickers] + [(random guess) if you don't have a tach] - [2000 * (number of miles from home) if noise becomes worse]

Here's the formula to calculate a safe redline:

Redline = 5000 + [your mechanical ability from 1 to 10] * [number of spare engines you have] * [number of other drivable cars you have] / [minutes until the store closes] * [how much you like the exhaust noise] / [how far below E the gas gauge is] + [1000 if engine was recently rebuilt] + [1000 if engine needs a rebuild anyway] - [500 if you live in California] + [1250 if friends are in car] - [1500 if AAA membership is expired] + [1500 if you have an aftermarket intake and stickers] + [(random guess) if you don't have a tach] - [2000 * (number of miles from home) if noise becomes worse]

hahaha that formula is epic! :banana:

I've had my EA71 to 6,500 RPM no floating, knocking or anything of that nature. I was on the freeway and even held it there for a few miles. The oil pressure light flickered a bit when I came to a stop but I chock that up to running a heavy oil.

Hi Loyale 2.7 Turbo. I would post a photo but I can't work out how to do it. I Can't find the "Add an album" link in my CP. Any suggestions? :confused:

Use a image hosting site such as photobucket. Even facebook photos work.

Just copy the "image location" and when posting select the little icon up above that looks like mountains and a sun. Paste the image location in and there you go, images in the forum post.