Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Fenders & Tail Gates for 82 -Brats/Hatch/Wagons

1111giles

Hello fellow Scooby folks,

I thought it was about time to let you folks know about developments happening in the UK.My name is Giles Walker and am one of the site owners of http://www.mvbrumbybrat.co.uk site. I have been a Subie fan for a long time having owned more Subies than I should have ! I currently own a Brat (or MV1800 as they are called here) a GLF Hatchback a GLF-5 Sedan (to be sold when we have finished modelling the fenders on ) and more modern stuff in a MY2012 Outback Diesel and a MY2002 Forester 2.0 Sport.

I am new to this site - but some of you may well know of me from mvbrumbybrat or ausubaru - where I am a regular contributor.

As you may or may not be aware front fenders for all MY Series vehicles are now no longer available as pattern copy's (from Tiawan) or of course Subaru Japan. NOS - New old Stock is getting very hard to come by as are useable salvage fenders. The very same can be said for the Brat Tailgates too.

With this in mind and having spent the last 10 months or so working through all of the above, I have produced GRP copys of the front fenders for the MY Series - so this of course covers Brats / Hatches / Sedans / Wagons / Coupes.

I have used a perfect pair of New Original Subaru fenders for the pattern.

Please take a look at the following images to see for yourself.

I have only quickly screwed the fenders onto the model car and I am very pleased with the fit and finish.

Shortly I will embark on the tailgate - again from a new original Subaru panel this will be engineered for stength and propper function, and will feature steel inserts where needed.

I am a time served design and development engineer and know what is required to deliver the correct finished product.

These items will be made availiable to anyone who needs them - so please get in touch via this email samsonengineeringlimited@yahoo.co.uk

Its possible that the fenders will be sold via a US based distributor, more on that as things develop.

Here are the images ..........

The RHS mould

2012-01-09_15-33-01_406.jpg

Inside of the mould

2012-01-10_16-05-11_531.jpg

First off RHS front fender - Please note the insert for the wing mounted turn lamp - this can be easily filled over for US spec needs.

2012-01-10_15-58-03_851.jpg

Inside view of RHS front fender

2012-01-10_15-59-10_252.jpg

More images follow.......

Edited by 1111giles

Final images now........

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

2012-01-15_15-52-30_551.jpg

So that's it folks - front fenders ARE available - updates on prices and supply will follow soon, as will info on the tailgates and possibly front skirt / valence too.

Any questions pls get in touch.

Oh - and this is me with Scooby my MV1800 (Brat) and Beta 250 4 stroke trials bike.:banana:

2011-08-14_16-16-33_871.jpg

Cheers !

Giles. - I'm in Halifax UK.

In the US, we never got the sidemarker lights, so we will have to have some sidemarkers shipped from somewhere to go in the spot.

Do you plan to sell the side lights too?

if so, I will likely buy set of left/right fender pairs.

You can always just bole in a side reflector I imagine. Something after market would probably come real close to fitting the way "we" need it too.

Or maybe just manufacture a blank cover to snap into place over the whole

Just putting that out there...I am sure when a few of us get these in the states we will figure it out.

hi-thanks derek ! We were able to buy the brats here (mv1800) up-until 1994 when the stocks remaining in the uk ran dry.

Production was stopped in japan in 1992 i understand.

We never officially got the quadlamp brats / mv's here - so folks converted from parts scored from quad lamp my wagons for the full on brat look !!

My truck was redgistered for the road in 1992 its on a uk 'k' age related plate.

It was purchased as a rolling shell - and almost entirely stripped out ! It was due to be scrapped and i rescued it for the sum of £100 - several thousand £'s later i have a finished truck.

I have many extras never available on uk brats fitted to it. We only ever got the 'poverty' models here !

I have fitted,

air con:cool:

Rear discs:headbang:

Power steering:rolleyes:

Weber carby:clap:

Forester seats - my2002

central locking - with blip lock and high end alarm immobiliser

gear shift lock

speedliner tub protection

facet fuel pump

blue tooth

hella cab lamp (looks period - but gives daylight in the dark !)

blaupunkt digital radio / cd

uprated door speakers - hidden behind the standard door covers

aussie sourced front fender flaps

glass out respray

far too many new parts to mention

the list goes on and on and on and on !

Cheers

giles

In the US, we never got the sidemarker lights, so we will have to have some sidemarkers shipped from somewhere to go in the spot.

Do you plan to sell the side lights too?

if so, I will likely buy set of left/right fender pairs.

The side lamps are indicators (turn lamps) - not running lamps.

You could easily fill over the recess to keep as per US spec.

The turn lamps are still available if needed via Subaru.

It is really easy to do this hence why we went with the recess to we covered all market requirements.

I wont be making the indicators though as it would involve injection moulding ! =$$£££ !

Cheers

Giles.

Definitely interested!!! Let us know when available and pricing. I plan to paint in March/early April so I am very interested!

Thanks - yes keep watching - we are virtually ready to run the first production run (w/c 23/Jan/12) so your time scale is OK.

prices to follow shortly.

Cheers

Giles

please confirm order via samsonengineeringlimited@yahoo.co.uk

Thx

You can always just bole in a side reflector I imagine. Something after market would probably come real close to fitting the way "we" need it too.

Or maybe just manufacture a blank cover to snap into place over the whole

Just putting that out there...I am sure when a few of us get these in the states we will figure it out.

Yes really easy - we have not 'cut through' the recess so to allow it to be skimmed across if required.

You see we were thinking of you guys all along ! :D

Cheers

Giles.

Bondo or dynaglass. Heck they have to be painted anyways so no big deal. Nice looking fenders. I just got my tailgate back from the body shop having the bottom edge glassed up from rust. Hopefully it will be good for a few years.

Giles, very nice red Brat or MV!!!

Thanks Mark ! - How many pairs do you want ! ;)

hehe.....hopefully there will be an my ( ea81 here ) wagon in my near future. I really want to play with an ea81 engine. My big "I want" is a Brat but from what Ive seen here you better get on with fiberglas rockers and door shells:grin:

yeah a door "bottom half would be nice. The tops here dont rust, but the bottom from the belt molding strip down rust, something in fiberglass to cap the bottom half would be nice...I wouldnt want entire door, just the bottom half inside and out cap.

or maybe entire door would be okay maybe.