Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4" Lift on a true Outback (meaning, True outbacks have the longer struts, longer steering shaft, and Crossmember spacers)

Adding an extra 4" on top of that, and you will need to drop the Front and Rear Crossmembers down more, Longer Steering shaft (Steering column to Steering box) You might need longer soft lines from the brake caliper to the hard line junction on the inner wheel well. And when dropping the front crossmember/motor, you might need to drop or extend the pitch bar for the bellhousing, also might need longer Radiator hoses, alter the intake box somehow with a longer intake tube...

The center Driveshaft will not need to be lengthened, unless you are going to change wheel base and go total custom wheeling rig.

Edited by TheLoyale

You'll need to drop the center bearing down an inch or so and flip the carrier over, lengthen the pitch stop and steering link and might as well do the brake lines too. Not sure if you're a stick or auto but don't forget the linkages for the trans., I dropped mine down around an inch and also pushed it forwards for less binding (5spd stick baby!) Nipper had a good write up on what he did for Blu. and I used it as a guide for mine.