Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What happens when the Dog Drives...

All I know for sure is what I started the post with...

Sorry to take your topic for a ride...:rolleyes: I'm Mr. Thread Sabotage. I just like accuracy, especially on the rare occasion I know something that can help :lol::lol::lol:. You're right on the EA82 being a great car to learn on though. Pretty simple, and you can pretty much see exactly how everything works. NO hidden crap, or convoluted designs. Keep it up on the wrenching. I started with not much, and years later I can mess up a perfectly good car real quick.:grin:

That sucks about your ride man, glad everyone was alright and no injuries. Did almost the same thing myself with the family car when I was 3 but ripped the back door off and almost took out my little brother. Needless to say I was never left alone in a car again. because it WAS an autocrapic and I DID release both the brake and put in neutral, just like Mom did (joys of older cars that don't require foot on brake to shift or anything).

Good luck with the EA82 and the insurance company.

On a side note, I did take out my neighbors barbed wire fence and total my car due to leaving in neutral and not setting the brake. What a great way to meet the neighbors. The clutch pedal will NOT stop the car, just the hand brake and brake pedal (I kept hitting the clutch when I finally caught back up to my ride and was able to jump in :rolleyes:.)

Edited by newsoobdude

Sorry to take your topic for a ride...:rolleyes: I'm Mr. Thread Sabotage. I just like accuracy, especially on the rare occasion I know something that can help :lol::lol::lol:. You're right on the EA82 being a great car to learn on though. Pretty simple, and you can pretty much see exactly how everything works. NO hidden crap, or convoluted designs. Keep it up on the wrenching. I started with not much, and years later I can mess up a perfectly good car real quick.:grin:

no worries if it wasn't for the hijack i wouldn't have learned anything... and learning new things is what the USMB is all about!

appreciate the input and the hijack... and thank you for the motivation!