Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ25 with EJ22 heads

jboymechanic

the ej25d manifiold fits with ej22e. this would be the DOHC 2.5's and ej22's with dual ports

so i would be good with the ej25 manifold? i would have around 300 in the heads completely rebuilt, another 200 in a ej22 timing kit. and then another 100 or so in head gaskets. then just assembly...

sound right? i just dont know if i could pull it off myself, eventhough it would be just pull the heads change the gaskets, put the new heads on and change timing components.

I am mistaken. What i should have posted is that ej25 and 22 harnesses plug in the same. my baad:Flame:

:Flame:!!!!!! :headbang:

LOL. thats true, the wiring is same.

hey OP. i just read something from GD about making an intake manifold adapter plate using the IM gaskets as a template taking to a waterjet place. although after going thru all that, you might end up just getting an intake from a JY.

• 6 months later...

This is the list I have that got my 2.5/2.2 swap running in my 2001 OBW

2.5 block

2.2 heads (dual exhaust ports)

Custom intake manifold adapters to mount the 2.5 manifold on the 2.2 heads ($140 at my local machine shop plus some tig welding at home)

Depending on your trans/ecu your cams and crank gears will need to be swapped out. there is a huge difference between the two sets

2.2 timing tensioner and belt

• 3 years later...