Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Putting an xtt digidash into an xt6

natext6

I've aquired an xtt digidash (courtesy of Turbone :D) and I intend to brow-beat it into my xt6 :horse: But, as the car that it was taken from is an american car, and I live in canada, there are certain unit measurements that won't line up (mph-kph)

Anyway, I've looked about on subaruXT.com, but after looking through all the threads related to it, there didn't appear to be any firm consensus on how/if this can be done. The most recent attempts appear to have been in '09.

SO. I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a solution regarding conversion of a digidash from mph to kph since then, and then, of course, if they might be coerced into parting with said knowledge :grin:

From what I've been able to ascertain, there was, at some point, in some mystical place, a button that interchanged mph and kph........Which no one has ever seen or heard of.....but to answer your question, I don't know yet, the digidash is being shipped to me, and I haven't been able to rip it apart yet :lol:

i helped kingbobdole put one into his xt6 you have to re pin the harness from the digi dash to match the xt6 body harness and you have to change your temp sender on the engine and the fuel level sender in the gas tank, and get an adapter to make the tachometer 4 cylinder digi-dash read correctly on the 6 cylinder engine ignition signal you can find adapters on ebay. and im pretty sure there is a button to change between kph and mph

Edited by jeffast

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=127/prd127.htm

you used to be able to find something like this on ebay for like $60 dollars this is what you want.

also you need to get an additional temp sender for the digidashes outside temp gauge kingbobdole(kbd) installed a separate temp probe for inside temp i believe

Edited by jeffast

I thought the outside temp gauge is XT6 specific and part of the trip computer? If he's got a XT6 why should it need changed?

because on the xt turbo the out side temp gauge is built into the dash not the trip computer so you have to ether share the signal from the stock sensor or add another sensor just for the dash