Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Northern Nevada Subaru Meet

Just curious if you nevada subaru guys have met up with these nevada subaru guys: http://www.seccs.org/forums/

Yeah, I met up with one of the guys once. Nice dude. He owned a 2002 Outback sport all mooded out. We went wheelin in the snow. I think he has bought a WRX since then though.

I see the group driving on 395 every few Saturdays.

And yes brian we do need your all mighty powerful subie to tow all of us poor unlifted subies out of the snow. Hehe

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"and need me to pull you out!!!! "

Didn't we have this discussion before, pix included:lol: ?

I don't mind driving the distance to the trails, it's the heat (I'll melt:rolleyes: !). Lots of beautiful stuff around Tahoe, and the temps are a lot more comfortable. I've been watching..most of the snow is gone, USFS trails ought to be open soon.

Yeah, I met up with one of the guys once. Nice dude. He owned a 2002 Outback sport all mooded out. We went wheelin in the snow. I think he has bought a WRX since then though.
Ya, thats Ian :) I was just talking to him online the other day. He has some hot shot job in the bay area now.

I still have the pics somewhere of him drifting into that snowbank...

Wrecked STI's are $$$ :eek:

The EJ25 and drivetrain wont cost that much, since its pretty much all being done within the group. (Ive been trying to get it for my car, but oh well)

Its still what, another 60hp? 2.5's are just fine, especially in the older lighter cars. You can get ~190hp out of them with just bolt ons.

Any chance of a someone from LA joining on your next outing?

Maybe even a place in between if we get enough interest.

We really should plan a Southern West Coast Sub Show. maybe in Fresno or the middle of Nevada.

BW

• 2 weeks later...

There's a couple of us here in Utah that could hook up in the northern Nevada area.

I Wheel out that way several times a year. I've been looking for a downed B-17 out by Shafter for several years now.:confused:

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

Shafter is a old RR ghost town along the old Northern Nevada RR line between Wendover and Oasis. It's about 20 miles north of Wendover. Wendover is about 2 hrs from SLC.

A buddy and I have "modified" some old RR wheels and run the abandon tracks in that general area. :confused: They are 6 lug? wonder if they can be adapted to the SubaruHummer? Hummmm.

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

The link is a good one the picture is exactly what is out there, NOTHING! Nothing but flat straight track:D

The fastest we have been is 32mph, the tracks are in bad shape. Leaving the tracks at 30 mph could be a problem for the vehicle and the undercarrage.

We orignally ran steel rims but we found them to be too weak. They last about 20 minutes until you wear out the edge and make trim rings out of them. We found some speeder wheels and had them machined from 8 lug to six with the correct offset. This is the type wheel we used.

http://www.narcoa.org/

We now have four wheels so we can run rears and not worry so much about falling off:rolleyes:

My point was if a standard six lug can be adapeted to a Subaru then I only need two more holes drilled to make the RR wheels subie compatible.:cool:

I wouldn't mind exploring some more of the USFS trails around Tahoe. Last time I checked 3 weeks ago, most were still closed. I imagine most of the snow and wetness is gone by now, should make for some scenic runs.

...And it's so convenient:grin: .