Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sopping wet front floorboards

1988 Gl EA82

Front floorboards/mats are wet, pretty much constantly. Any thoughts as to where to look first?

It's a brand new heater core, it's water/moisture, not coolant.

Not sure if it's a seal in the doors or windows, or something underneath the car or what, but even when I dry it out... next morning it's wet again.

Look under your car. You will see a rubber tube/hose stick out from the firewall (passenger side on the EA81's) and point to the ground (8 to 12" long). On the EA81, it connects to the outlet tube of the HVAC box above the passenger footwell inside the car. A bit difficult to describe.

a poor windshield install will do this everytime.

Yeah my 83 GL always had wet carpet (when it still had carpet) and such. I siliconed around the windshield gasket and it stopped. Mine is just old and dried out. got a glass guy that is putting a new windshield and gasket in this spring for me so it'll be sorted right soon. :)

Look under your car. You will see a rubber tube/hose stick out from the firewall (passenger side on the EA81's) and point to the ground (8 to 12" long). On the EA81, it connects to the outlet tube of the HVAC box above the passenger footwell inside the car. A bit difficult to describe.

Sweet I shall investigate tomorrow! That at least points me in the right direction, many thanks!