Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '83 GL: The Ski Wagon

TheLoyale

Went out in the garage tonight and started bending up some new Fuel lines, turned out pretty good (Using an old school bender, not one of the fancy new ones)

Hopefully I'll remember where which ones go where, One line seems to have a check valve on it or something. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

New adjusting screw and plastic nut can be found in the "Help" section of your parts store. The 3/8ths square are the ones you want, need 4 packs to do all the lights.

The valve in the fuel/vent lines is the 2-way vent for the tank.

It has to be installed correctly for it to work.

Look in the files I sent you, you'll find it.

Tom, good man. Will do. I will also check out the Help section.

Cheers!

PS: I got the Rockers today! Very complete wow.

Been a while since you have seen something that solid, Tom?? hehe

yeah, the help section of any parts store should have the headlight adjusters, i have replaced a few over the years, always found what i needed there.

Indeed. The help ones where a little big and would not clip into the hole and press flush, but I ground them down and it fit perfect and worked. Headlights are not reassembled.

I also got the fuel tank up today, I used Stainless bolts, washers and lock washers. Thread pitch is 1.25.

2012_0417AB.jpg

2012_0417AD.jpg

I need to route some lines, and add the overflow line, I forgot to put it on. So the tank must come down a little. I also need to remove the filler neck, clean it up and then reinstall with stainless.

2012_0417AE.jpg

New bent lines:

2012_0417AH.jpg

2012_0417AG.jpg

2012_0417AI.jpg

Bought a new bender at Harbor Freight, this one is pretty nice and easy to use. $5.

2012_0417AK.jpg

2nd headlight assembled.

2012_0417AJ.jpg

Oh look! I got the rockers today...

2012_0417AL.jpg

2012_0417AM.jpg

2012_0417AO.jpg

2012_0417AP.jpg

2012_0417AQ.jpg

This car might be running before the weekend.

I have KYB gr2's in the rear of my 4x4 and they seem to be great, the kyb gas-a-just I have in the rear of my fwd are a bit stiff on rough road surfaces, but I like them over all.

Good to know, I plan on adding some weight to the rear of this wagon once I make my own Steel bumper w/ Swing outs. So a stiffer shock shouldn't hurt for the mean time.

GR-2s are great! I had them with Forester springs on my Legacy, it handled like a flippin' track car!

assuming youre talkin to me. and assuming you mean decals, no charge. some just fell off the vynil cutter this afternoon. oh, before i forget: when you put''subaru alliance'' in the blue on the bottom of the door you shouldnt cut the words out of the blue and have the cars paint be the words. put on your blue vynil, then put ''subaru alliance'' in white on top. make sense? easier visually. this way its waaaay easier to position.

Yes, you. Yes, Decals ;) Haha. Wow, cool. You are the man!

Good idea about the blue vinyl, although it's going to be hard to get them made up to fit. Hmmm...? I dunno, guess I'll worry about that after I repaint the car lol!

I also need to re-edit that photo and use the correct font style, I was on a Mac and had limited options with the photo editor.