Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '83 GL: The Ski Wagon

TheLoyale

I need to get new radiator, I found this one on Rockauto for $112, its a Duel-Row all metal, but it has fittings for Trans cooling lines, so this is for an Auto?

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=272007

I need an MT radiator.

Any other sites?

I got mine from a local parts store for my 82 looked just like that. You just leave the trans cooler lines unhooked. I think mine was around $130 by the time I got it, so the price seems decent.

Alright, good to know. Guess I will order it.

Why is it so hard to find Ignition points for this thing? I've looked at Rockauto, they list nothing, Autopartswarehouse wants $16 for something. Am I wrong about the disty on this thing, does it have electronic ignition? I haven't really looked at the motor yet (Been fixing fuel lines lol)

It is going to have a reluctor style pickup and is going to be a super xpensive part for some 30 yr old nos part through a chain of vendors. It won't make any improvement unless there is something wrong with it already. You can go for a hotter coil, 8mm wire, and gap the plugs to .045, alng with an advanced timing cuve, open exhaust, larger jets, and perhaps a cam.

It is going to have a reluctor style pickup and is going to be a super xpensive part for some 30 yr old nos part through a chain of vendors. It won't make any improvement unless there is something wrong with it already. You can go for a hotter coil, 8mm wire, and gap the plugs to .045, alng with an advanced timing cuve, open exhaust, larger jets, and perhaps a cam.

Thank you for the clarification, guess I shouldn't look at this as if it were a 80s GM.

Good, one less thing to buy.

I have bought the following:

NGK BPR6ES-11

NGK Wires

YEC Cap

Bosh Rotor

I need to buy:

Gear Oils

Motor Oil/Genuine Filter

Coolant

Air Filter

Fuel Filter

Miles of Vac lines

EPMI Axles

Valve Cover Gaskets

Should I bother running Synthetic Gear oil in the Gearbox? I have a slight/short grind when I shift into 3rd and only 3rd (Getting worn?)

The EA81 seems like more of a mess then the EA82, Maybe cause I don't know my way around it yet.

Edited by TheLoyale

I swear to god, this car has no hood release lever! I have looked everywhere inside the car, it is not to be found anywhere.

The Hoodlatch had been unbolted by the P.O and is locked into the Locking Mechanism on the Rad support WTF?

I need to remove the grill get this thing out and possibly bolt it back to the hood after I find an release cable.

Either way, if anyone have a complete Hood latch assy with cable ect, I need it. PM me.

Tomorrow I might have new pictures of progress. I am removing most of the interior and possible carpeting to seal up the floor is there is any surface rust starting, and to clean everything as I always do.

I plan on buying some Epoxy paint to seal the floor with in spots along with my Permatex rust destroyer.

Stay tuned.

Lol, I just emailed the dude and asked how he'd feel about cutting out the rockers (Or drilling out the spot welds) and shipping them to Wisconsin.

We'll see what he says, perhaps this might be the ticket!

he had a phone number listed, maybe call TOO before he kills that shell.

I'd buy the whole shell, you will save yourself SO much work in the long run. This is exactly what I did with my '56 Imperial (my body even came from Washington). Shipping that huge hulk was $1000, but it saved me about $5000 in parts and labor to cobble together my rusty WI body. Plus, a car that has never rusted will always outlast a car that was rusted and then cut and repaired. There is NO replacement for sheet metal that has never been rusty. Ship it here, clean it up, seal it up and start swapping.

That shell wont be road legal anyways. The owner inherited the car without a title and has been fighting the DOL for registration for a long time. Theres all kinds of hoops he has to jump through, so he decided to just part it out to people that could use it.

I fixed one fuel line leak, only to find another. SO, I guess I need to get this thing jacked up, and replace all the lines at once so its all fresh.

I changed the Plugs and Wires today, Had to order the correct Cap/Rotor from the Dealer since Carquest gave me the wrong one. I also replaced a few Vac lines (1039 Vac lines to go!) :lol:

Wes, the dude with that Clean shell. Said he would have no problem cutting out what I need.

Awesome. That sounds like the best way to go for sure. icon14.gif

I'd be interested to know how much it costs to ship the pieces too, as I've thought about doing the same thing myself.

Can you cancel your order for the EA82 panels, or is it too late?