Ultimate Subaru Message Board

will a EA82 Y pipe fit a EJ22 single port engine

Flanges aren't even close, nor is the width. Pipe ID is too restrictive. Not worth the effort.

I have a solution to that problem. We will be producing them soon. It's a flanged pipe that is either a slip fit or weld fit to the dual-port header by simply cutting off the dual port merge section right at the weld. These will be selling for about $65 to $75 a set and will fit in flat-rate boxes. TIG welded and water jet cut flanges.

These are made by our own sube101 (http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1081922&postcount=36):

sp_header_adaptor3.jpg

sp_header_adaptor1.jpg

sp_header_adaptor2.jpg

Finding single port EJ22 headers is very tricky. Subaru wants a mint for them and there are no aftermarket providers.

GD

Who do I order a set from?

Contact sube101 (Steven). He has these jigged up and can build you a set or a couple sets if you like. Could be about a week right now as their water jet went down for a week due to a pump failure they are playing catch up with internet orders....

The design was mine - the implementation is all sube101.

Oh and those pics are of the proto-types. I'm sure your's will be prettier. Also you have a choice of aluminized or stainless and weld or slip-fit. Slip fit uses 1-3/4" standard exhaust clamps. I would have welded the ones in the pictures but we wanted to prove the concept of the slip-fit version for people that can't weld them or don't wish to.

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder