Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need to know bolt sizes for chassis on brat!!!

HELP please!!

i took apart my guts to swap to a shorter lift kit. but things came up, it got neglected for a few months, did a ton of work out in garage, wiring, roofing, cement stuff....

now the bolts are MIA, missing in action. and on the PLUS side, they wouldnt have been long enough anyhow. on the DOWN side, i coulda used em for reference, so at least i'd know what diameter and thread count the females were. now i have NOTHING to go on.

my lift is 2 in rear, 2.5 in front. who can tell me what bolts to use?

also, the washer/bushing thingys on the mustache bar ball joint are a bit rough lookin, 2 are great, 2 are kinda chewed up. i think they are good enough to use, i guess, but where would i get replacements?

there are many types of lifts.

for instance my former 4" lift, used the stock mount bolts for going up into the body mount captive nuts, and used some high grade other bolts for connecting the suspension back to the bottom of the blocks.

Some lift kits use stock bolts, some lift kits use long thru bolts instead.

Not much more info to say than that.

If i had pitch grade, length etc, i would provide it.

HELP please!!

i took apart my guts to swap to a shorter lift kit. but things came up, it got neglected for a few months, did a ton of work out in garage, wiring, roofing, cement stuff....

now the bolts are MIA, missing in action. and on the PLUS side, they wouldnt have been long enough anyhow. on the DOWN side, i coulda used em for reference, so at least i'd know what diameter and thread count the females were. now i have NOTHING to go on.

my lift is 2 in rear, 2.5 in front. who can tell me what bolts to use?

also, the washer/bushing thingys on the mustache bar ball joint are a bit rough lookin, 2 are great, 2 are kinda chewed up. i think they are good enough to use, i guess, but where would i get replacements?

front engine crossmember and strut tops, 10mm x 1.25 thread

radius rod/tranny mount 12mm x 1.25 Thread x 30 long

rear shock bolts top on body 12mm x 1.25 T x 30 long

rear diff 12mm

mustache bar to body 10mm x 1.25 x 30

lol ok..... im a dope at metric. those have GOTTA be stock measurements, though.... 30mm, thats just a hair past 1 inch, yea? one inch is around 25mm, if i recall??

everything i know about metric conversions, i learned from owning guns and buying ammo, growing up. 12.7 is .50 so 25.4 would be roughly one inch.

hmmm,,,,, okay thanks again scott. mucho grassyass

• 2 weeks later...