Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The odd ball

Well my name is Keaton. I Live in Southern WI. I'm a mechanic.

I love my '97 Legacy GT.

Imma pic person.

Mod list:

custom Paint,

Fog lights,

Brighter headlights,

Apline stereo,

2.5 SOHC intake tube,

snorkel,

stack,

CB and Whips,

OB limited wheels with oversized tires,

Lifted on Forester Rear springs, Subtle Solutions lift, OB KYB struts.

Rebuilt Engine with machined heads to bump up compression.

Start:

2011-08-31204419.jpg

2011-09-15114014.jpg

PB130036.jpg

PA090019.jpg

100_2786.jpg

100_2789.jpg

100_2806.jpg

100_2812.jpg

100_2804.jpg

Up on 3 wheels.

100_2823.jpg

100_2828.jpg

100_2831.jpg

100_2833.jpg

100_2836.jpg

Video of Snorkel

http://s406.photobucket.com/albums/pp144/wannabhonda/?action=view&current=100_2814.mp4

Video of exhaust

th_100_2832.jpg"]th_100_2832.jpg[/url]

And I just ordered a UEL header. :brow:

Edited by 89ChevondaSI

Welcome to the forum!

Not sure if you've met any of them, but there's a few other members on here who live in Stoughton. I sold my red '92 Loyale to a guy out there too. icon14.gif

Ya that is probly my buddy steck. it's sweet.

that's pretty awesome!

Why the SOHC intake manifold though?

The way it sounds when it shifts sounds like an auto. Are you leaving it, or swapping it to a 5speed?

It isn't the the intake Manifold that I swapped, just the tube from the throttle body to the airbox, mine had that big stupid torque box.

Then I plan on leaving it an auto for the fact of the 4.44 gears. :brow: I wanna do some more crawling and mud runs. I workin on how to get it to be posi or limited. done lotsa research.

I approve of your cherry bomb and where you located it in the exhaust. Awesome! I just did this to mine, less the snorkel in the fender.:clap:

Dude U never check out my thread on DI. lol.

HA! dude that exhaust stack is the ************! love it!

i bet its great when ya seafoam it.

Another welcome from DI I see. lol. ya it looks fricken sweet when it's cold and throwin smoke.

Sweet! I was looking at that exhaust stack and thinking: may as well do away with the pipes on the undercarriage and just have a short run to the hood on the other side of the snorkel? Less crap on the car -- strip it down. But yeah, sweet UAV/mudder! :headbang:

I contemplated this. but I still wanted it semi legal. and It turned out amazing.

everybody: Thanks for the warm welcome.

I also would like to know why the SOHC intake. Nice looking ride, love the exhaust stack and paint job. What size tubing did you use for your snorkel? And what did it do to your performance?

Thanks.

I actually just used the intake tube from the throttle body to the air box instead of the big stupid "torque box" that they have on there stock.

Then the rubber grommet where the stock box meets the fender is 3". so I got a piece of 3"OD exhaust pipe then cut a couple inches out to mate the stock airbox to the snorkel which is full 3" thicker PVC. I glued all the connections.

Performance: eliminate "torque box", K&N drop in, larger custom exhaust, COLD air intake/snorkel, and rebuilt engine with machined heads for higher compression. Then UEL header ordered and en route.

and I am working on gettin a ported intake and matching throttle body. :headbang:

that thing is awesome! oddball is right! keep it up, you're an inspiration!:burnout:

Thanks so much. I definetly think it is the most fitting title.

Edited by 89ChevondaSI

Then I plan on leaving it an auto for the fact of the 4.44 gears. :brow: I wanna do some more crawling and mud runs. I workin on how to get it to be posi or limited. done lotsa research.

My LGT has that same 4.44 transmission. It's not bad.

The 5speed (and maybe auto, dunno) forester XT has a 4.44 viscus LSD rear you could swap in.

Then you can do the center clutch pack lock mod for the transmission. Essentially gives you 4wd.

My LGT has that same 4.44 transmission. It's not bad.

The 5speed (and maybe auto, dunno) forester XT has a 4.44 viscus LSD rear you could swap in.

Then you can do the center clutch pack lock mod for the transmission. Essentially gives you 4wd.

I want those and yes I want to rebuild or get another trans to build cause mine is kinda....iffy. but it's fine mostly when it warms up.

but yes I do wanna lock the center diff in.

It's just a switch, normal mode or locked mode. Pretty cool. I was going to do it to my car, but it never really snowed here this winter.

I'd try doing a drain and refill of ATF a few times, changing the filter the last time. Mine was shifting kinda funny, and binding up in parking lots. It's almost perfect now.