Ultimate Subaru Message Board

After completing several serches on abs trouble shooting, I noticed that there is no mention of exact relay location for this Bosch 5.3i product. From what I can discern from schematics, there are 2 relays, one for the motor, and one for the valves both of which are located in the control module. So what i have concluded, is that these relays are not servicable unless the control module is shipped out to a rebuild service. There are two ways to rule out motor failure from what i can tell, the easiest being to just jump the motor wires to 12v. the other would be to ground terminals on the diagnostic terminal. This code 52 that i am throwing has me concluded that something has gone wrong in the control module circuitry because every other possibility of harness and ground issues have been ruled out. It seems to me that Audi and several other forums are big on module repair, yet little is discussed among Subaru people. Just want to know why little is discussed in this regard about control module rebuilding. The module is very easy to remove, so I would think it would be an active topic, but maybe i am missing something.

• 8 months later...

I agree. I think that my module/controle unit (listed as 1 in the diag above) is faulty but I cant find any information on it. Rebult modules at $750. I guess I will have to swap out fromthe junk yard to see if I have any further issues.

If anyone has rebuilt one or has any usfull info let me know.

Edited by iamvandemon

• 4 months later...

i finally fixed this after several attempts.   I can say the abs module can be removed from the pump and replaced as a separate assembly.  It just bolts on.  Secondly,  my problem was a voltage supply problelm.  Test every lead going to and from the abs module before running out to buy one.  The fault codes are not 100 percent able to isolate the problem at times,  but  testing of resistance and voltage will give alot of information.   Abs works great now.