Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlisle Import Show - East Coast - National event - All Years welcome

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In NJ and NY I don't think you could pump it yourself when I last commuted to New York city about 8 years ago.

We can still pump our own in Upstate NY. Not sure about The City. In fact, there's only one shop around here that is "full service". They're a bit of a curiosity.

I want to make it to Carlisle this year... once I receive my new to me Baja, I'll have a reason. I think the wife has a NYC trip planned with her dad and sister Thursday and Friday. I might be able to make it down Friday night and Saturday. Gotta see if I can get the time off of work, too.

In some counties in different states it was mandatory for a long time and still may be.

The county Pittsburgh PA is in (Allegheny) may still be this way. I know they were that way long after most places weren't.

In NJ and NY I don't think you could pump it yourself when I last commuted to New York city about 8 years ago.

You can pump your own gas in Pittsburgh.

You cannot pump your own gas in NJ.

I'm pretty sure I pumped my own gas on Long Island, NY last summer.

Last time i was in NJ i got out and pumped my own. Since i was wearing my tech uniform no one seemed to notice, except the other customers that were waiting for me to come pump there gas and got all confused looking when i got back in my car and drove away. lol.

NJ - pay less than CT or NY and not have to get out of the car.

Don't remind me. NYS and its taxes are getting ridiculous. Who's government is it, anyway? Forget I asked.

Anywho, the wife's event is the week before. As long as I can juggle my work schedule around, or get the time off, I'll be leaving after work Friday afternoon and driving down. I'll have to put my tent up in the darkness, and I hope I don't wake my camping neighbors up. It'll be worth it to hang with like minded Subie folk for Saturday.

Speaking of which, btw... does the event stretch into Sunday? Might be a good reason to bring some extra spending cash with me, and hit Harry's on the way back through. I promised Hocrest on the ScoobyTruck forums that I'd let him take a look at the rear bumper, see if he wants to fab something similar, too.

Edited by the_bard

It is an all weekend event. Saturday is a must, sunday is a start packing up and head home day. ;)

This is what I've always done. Usually I'm there Friday and Saturday, and leave pretty early on Sunday due to the long drive. I need to finish up my wagon....:rolleyes:

Hocrest seems like a good enough guy, not that I've met him yet. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt... he's a Baja guy :drunk:. He's on my way back from Carlisle, so it's no skin off my back.

The earlier I leave on Sunday, the more time I'll have at Harry's :brow:

Hocrest seems like a good enough guy, not that I've met him yet. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt... he's a Baja guy :drunk:. He's on my way back from Carlisle, so it's no skin off my back.

The earlier I leave on Sunday, the more time I'll have at Harry's :brow:

Very good guy. Saved my but a time or two. Is he going to carlise?

I can't do Saturday at Carlisle due to other issues but I might be able to do Sunday at Harry's. Hmmmm

Hocrest the last few years hasn't come to Carlisle or if he has it has been a little brief since he does photography and is usually busy that weekend.

Yeah I have issues too , probably why I'm considering going .... :-p :lol:

Well , we did do a few "Meets" at boneyards in the past , and Harry's and the Rt.61 scene are plenty cool to me. Ususally worth the drive , even if you don't get much its always a social event not to be missed. :-p

How about we keep this thread going and if you guys want we'll start a fresh one for a boneyard day. Gotta be a Saturday to maximize effort. Harry's acts as the base. Would be great to get reports on New Ringgold and the other Rt. 61 joints.

Faust in Allentown still had old Subarus but there was lots going on there with construction of a highway thru their property ....gosh , plenty of years ago now. :-\

• 2 weeks later...

ok lets get this back on track here. This thread is about Carlisle.

With that being said: I got an email from the organizer of the meet. He once again expressed how he would like to see a strong showing at Carlisle for Subarus. He is willing to give us the tent for free. But let me say this. The last time we had a tent it was given to us for the same reason. I really don't think we need to keep taking advantage of their generosity if we can't get the numbers to even look like a real club.

So with that being said: who here is really honest to God going to show up. If there is not a strong vibe I will not take them up on their offer. I do not want us or USMB looking like a bunch of freeloaders.

As it still stands for me I'm not sure I am going to show up at all. If there is a Harry's run that Sunday I might make that. Saturday is 100% out for me and this will not change.

Discuss.

Just checked my Schedule for that weekend; :(

Friday I'm shooting near Philly, from there I'm heading up to Rochester, NY to spend the night and shoot on Saturday, then heading down to Gettysburg for the night and shooting in Gettysburg early on Sunday.

So... I may be able to stop by Sat evening to catch up with long lost friends if any are around. But I'll most likely be in a rental (got a memo from the boss about using rentals this year for long drives).

Sunday afternoon I'd be able to meet up at Harry's??