Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2012 MudCoast Rally!!

jnorth85

Mudcoast2012_onlinepromo.jpg

The 2012 MudCoast Road Rally is a free exclusive event for members of Road Rally Charities. It is a road rally designed to utilize as many B level maintenance and gravel roads in rural Iowa as possible.

Conditions may be wet, cold and muddy and everyone should dress accordingly. Vehicles should be equipped to handle adverse road conditions including mud, snow, ice, gravel, cow pies, etc. Level B maintenance roads can be dangerous and drivers should at all times drive within their vehicles limits and their own abilities. B Level and gravel road conditions vary greatly and some vehicles may find some roads impassable.

Be ready for an awesome event with a big ol country party at the end! Including the exclusive MudCoast Mud hole, and a bonfire!

We will have a grill set up so bring 10 bucks for food! and of course BYOB.

Lets kick this rally season off right!

please come prepared a few suggested items include:

-tow straps

-chains

-winch

-beverages

-snacks

-all terrain tires/mud tires

pretty cool.

I will either ride along with Dennis in his vehicle, or tempt to go abuse my hatchback some.

first year i did it you could call it "dust coast"

2010 it was muddy in a bunch of spots.

2011 they didnt hold it

2012?

-mostly Jeeps, the occasional landcruiser, suzuki, ram truck bronco etc. First time i went they had a Baja Bug. It crashed hard into the ditch he was close enough to get it home and join us in the afternoon after repair.

you can go to here, then scroll to find "2009 Mudcoast" and play the video, I had my 83Gl and Dennis had his 78 BRAT: http://www.roadrallycharities.com/videos/

Edited by bheinen74

I had a blast, finished up my subaru the day of the event. Lost the oil fill cap and only ran through about a tank of gas. I have a feeling its going to be wet and sloppy this year. I may try to snag my brothers wrangler just so i have some wheels. Unless a subaru miracle happens ill need ride with him or someone else. There were 2 subarus in 2009 and 3 in 2010. It will be fun, it always is. And its free.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to Dennis, "was" planning on riding along in his Dodge Raider...but the last couple days have been under weather got this crud congestion from whatever my dad passed to me while driving to DM to pay for Blue.

will see that is still few days off. I am not sure I want to mess up the hatchie with mud.