Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Northeast Boneyard Day

As suggested by Moosens, I thought I'd get a thread going about a meet at a parts yard. Might be worth using Harry's in Hazelton as a "main base", then hitting the other yards that are surrounding it. Saturdays and Sundays are good for me, as long as I've got enough warning to switch my schedule around at work.

Any thoughts on locations, dates?

having a meet at a yard is just bad idea.

I like to pick things over myself, wouldn't want competition if was lucky enough to find the clutch type LSD, the EJ22T block, or BRAT tailgate, etc....why have others there competing for parts, just seems bad.

Competition? Nah, we're friendly out here in the NE. Especially us New Yorkers. I don't think we'd fight over parts... more like "You help me get this part out, then I'll help you get that part out."

If things out of hand, I'm sure we'll find some way to resolve it. Like meeting at a local bar and drinking each other under the table. Maybe that's just the Irish in me speaking, though.

Seriously though, maybe I'm naive, but competition over junk yard parts? Pppphhttt.

Hey , get your hands off that , it's MINE !!!!! :Flame:

Just getting some practice in. :D

We've done this before. Guys from CT , meet up with guys from PA , maybe a NY'er or Jersey guy in there too.

So far I've only injured one guy and none dead from all of us , so we're alright :drunk:

Can we get a report going?

Weather is soooooo sweeeeet right now. Gas should go up towards Memorial Day weekend , Carlisle before that , so let's make it April - sound good ??

Need that report !! I'm fairly limited as you what I need these days. Early Legacy and early Impreza , or the needle in the haystack - 70's stuff.

Early May would probably be better for me. What with the drive time, I'd be looking at doing this instead of Carlisle. Say April 3, or May 7. It'd give me a chance to budget in parts, too.

There's only one thing I'd get the flamesuit out for: a Baja black rear bumper cover. Everything else is a "Eh, whatever" priority: power driver seat, heated side, mirrors, wiring and switches for the aforementioned, odds and ends.

Edit: Stupid question, but are there any decent "Pick a Part" yards in MA or CT? Either would be closer to you and I than Harry's, and it may pull those folks from VT out of the wood work. I might be do that along with Carlisle, as long as work doesn't mind me taking two Saturdays off.

Edited by the_bard

having a meet at a yard is just bad idea.

I like to pick things over myself, wouldn't want competition if was lucky enough to find the clutch type LSD, the EJ22T block, or BRAT tailgate, etc....why have others there competing for parts, just seems bad.

yeah we really don't have that issue here.

I'm interested so keep me in the loop!

Well, considering one of the things I want to get accomplished while I'm down there is letting you take some measurements on that bumper, it looks like early/mid April is going to have to do. I can squeak by on mid April.

April 14th or the 21st? And does that work for everyone else?

Harrys in Hazleton looks like they post their inventory on-line now.

I dont even see Loyales in there let alone any Gen2 :banghead:

Depends on what youre digging for I spose.

Jess and I may be interested. If we can get the old gang together I would be up for this for sure.

Might be good if I camp the night before somewhere around the Rt.61 /Rt.81 area.

Also curious about Faust in Allentown but that's out of the way. Anybody able to give a report from there? Used to be some vintage Subarus off in the corner that was getting cut off from the main property by the highway they put thru it.

Early April could work.

I was just at Harry's and New Ringgold yesterday. But I'm always up for another trip.

For my schedule, the last weekend of April and every weekend of May and June is out for me, so early-mid April is best.

Dave !!!!! How about a report? First Gen Legacy and Impreza ??

No dinosaurs , I'm sure.

How's Threaded Rod Ben doing?

I took a stab at Hazelton's online inventory, hoping for *any* Baja. I just need that rear bumper cover... I can bed liner it black, and it'll look better than no cladding at all on the corners. Sadly, though, Hazelton doesn't list any Baja's. A few early 2000 Imp's and Leg's, though.

A campground would be nice, though I'm looking to leave here after work on Friday. Puts me into town around 11PM; a rather late check in. Might just sleep in the Baja, if I can find somewhere that I won't be labeled a vagrant.

Early May would probably be better for me. What with the drive time, I'd be looking at doing this instead of Carlisle. Say April 3, or May 7. It'd give me a chance to budget in parts, too.

There's only one thing I'd get the flamesuit out for: a Baja black rear bumper cover. Everything else is a "Eh, whatever" priority: power driver seat, heated side, mirrors, wiring and switches for the aforementioned, odds and ends.

Edit: Stupid question, but are there any decent "Pick a Part" yards in MA or CT? Either would be closer to you and I than Harry's, and it may pull those folks from VT out of the wood work. I might be do that along with Carlisle, as long as work doesn't mind me taking two Saturdays off.

southington and hartford ct has chuck and eddies..... those are the only decent pick n pull yards..... BUT they dont have any old soobs like gl1's and the such.....id say anything 95 and up. and you cant pull engines or trannies.

A few EA82's and a handful of 1st Gen Lego's. No Baja's, but there's a chance when they get one, they'll stick it in the "truck" section and I'll miss it...

Most of the Soob's there are 95-99.

There is a Brat in New Ringgold. I got the mostly rust free tailgate the other day. I'm considering going back and trying to get the rear half of the body. It's rusty but more solid than mine...

I'll check out campgrounds in the Pittston area (between Wilkes Barre and Scranton)...

Try NY 145 North over the Hudson. I know I've seen a lot of places in Durham and other small towns that have a lot of 80's and 90's models... Wanted to work my way up it today myself, but, I have to fix a crappy exhaust manifold on a Mustang... Hah.

Moosens, you've got a good point. I'll probably hit up Carlisle (as long as they don't mind me rolling in at 11PM to crash at a tent site) this spring, then a yard meet later on at the end of the summer.

Durham ain't but an hour's drive away for me... a nice relaxing Monday drive, if the wife'll let me get away for an afternoon to go yard crawling. Expect a report if I do.

• 2 weeks later...

Next weekend looks out for me.

Anybody want to pinpoint which yards we'd all like to hit and some starting point?

And please, if anybody is close enough get us a report.

I'm thinking Harry's is the anchor, wanna start there?

Or you guys want to work this into the Carlisle weekend?

I've been driving past this one yard/dealership named "Llyod's" for a few years now, and he always has several Subaru's. Some of them are a bit more rusted than others, but, it might be a good place to stop by if you're driving through East Durham.

Yes, you can search "Llyod's of East Durham" in Google, and it'll come up. Number's posted and was told to call for any appointments to look over the things at his yard. Nice guy, and definitely knows his stuff on these cars.

There's a place in Holidaysburgh that has an RX, one Loyale sedan and about four wagons out there. I've never had any luck finding anything anywhere else however in our tri-state region.

H-burgh is a bit of a drive. 6 hours from me.