Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Free Parts Day!

So about a week ago, a guy stopped at my house and asked a bunch of questions about my 84 GL wagon. He said that he owned nearly the same car and had a few parts left over if I wanted them. Of course I said yes and asked if I could buy them off him. He kindly declined and just told me that it would be great to get them out of his garage. So today he showed up with a nearly pristine factory service manual, a NOS in the original wrapping and box water pump and clutch, a new factory bike rack, air deflector for the hatch and a perfect cargo area cover that matches the interior of my rig. Talk about lucky. He told me he'll be back over this weekend and he may still have parts. So I guess it's wait to see what happens!

I went to a local pub one day to get some water, drove my Gl hatchback.

Someone in the pub asked who had the Scooby, only a few people were there in the early afternoon, so i spoke up. He mentioned he had an extra wheel like my wagon wheels, and i could have it for free.

When i left later, the wheel was setting next to my driver door.

:banana:

My car had been sitting for a while so i went to go work on it. As soon as i opened the hood a guy walks across the parking lot and tells me hes been waiting for me. He hands me a box of brand new front brake pads.

Now if you ever get the car moving, you'll be able to stop it! :popcorn:

Free parts days are the best. I was talking to the guy that runs a local scrap yard, and I got on to the topic of my Brat which I was restoring at the time. He told me to hang on for a second, and came back with a set of jump seats he gave to me :brow:

You guys are lucky, just the opposite happens to me, back when I was a teenager, and I had my first car, I was working at this gas station repair garage place, and I was the gas pumper, once day a car comes in that was identical to mine, but it needed work, so the mechanic robbed the parts off my car to fix the customers, I had to call my parents for a ride home after work, and ..whoa did that mechanic get in trouble …. My folks weren’t real happy about what he did.