Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyales

Hello, first post. I have a 1992 Loyale FWD with 89K with power everything, Its my DD and its got 2 dines and the paint is burnt off, I have done alot of mechanical stuff and I got 3 things left to do to it, Paint, Wheels (cant find any) and 2 Hella 500HID sitting in back of car for it. so my question is what color is 222 and I cant find wheels other than steelies.

I also have a 1989 Loyale 4wd with dual range. I take the 1992 down alot of dirt roads and stuff. we did a 300Mi round trip yesterday so it gets driven often. I am wanting to lift this one 2-4in so is there any kits i can get or is it just do what ever i can find?

Wheels choices are limited to Pugeot wheels (same bolt pattern) 14" and 15" available or you can drill out wheels you like or convert your hubs to 5 lug to really open up you choices.

SjR Lifts has several choices for lifts and they also sell hubs already converted to 5 lug.

Google that paint code and I bet you have your answer in 30 seconds.

Good Luck

My 92 has paint code 222 and it is Dark Grey Metallic. It looks black from afar and in the sunlight up close it has much more of the metallic dark grey look. My avatar is of my 94.

Ill post a PIC of my DD the 92. It got the roof basket back and i am working on putting 2 HELLA 500FFs

SjR Lifts has several choices for lifts and they also sell hubs already converted to 5 lug.

SJR's converted hubs are for 6-lug, the bolt pattern will fit Toyota, Nissan, most Chevy, and a few others. It looks like he does sell a VW5 adapter, though. I'd recommend checking out his site for more info. http://www.sjrlift.com

4X140 is a Very European Pattern.

Wheels choices are limited to Pugeot wheels...

I Guess that you think that Peugeot is the Only Brand due to availability, because Renault has Nice 4X140 Rims...

tyres201.jpg

I Used to own a Couple of 4X140 "Cheviot" (made in France) Rims that came off a Renault.

There were No Old-School Renaults with 4X140 Rims in USA? :confused:

Also, Audi had 4X140 on certain Models...

user705_pic6448_1328558452.jpg

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
what is a good concouton for the oil mix?

No good concoction is going to fix the T.O.D.

If you don't have the time to fix it, don't worry about it. I drove Ben for about 6 months with him tick-tick-ticking away before I had time to do the oil pump.

Most people will tell you to just re-seal the pump, I suggest just replacing the oil pump *and* using a new gasket (of course).

It's not that expensive, not that hard to do, and it should be the only time you ever have to do it. Good luck.:drunk:

No good concoction is going to fix the T.O.D.

If you don't have the time to fix it, don't worry about it. I drove Ben for about 6 months with him tick-tick-ticking away before I had time to do the oil pump.

Most people will tell you to just re-seal the pump, I suggest just replacing the oil pump *and* using a new gasket (of course).

It's not that expensive, not that hard to do, and it should be the only time you ever have to do it. Good luck.:drunk:

how many have you done? what parts do i need? and how long did it take?

how many have you done? what parts do i need? and how long did it take?

I've got a write-up for the last one. I did the oil pump on our 93 loyale and the one on the carbed 87 GL.

I'll edit this post when I find the write-up.

It's a roughly written guide but covers all bases. If you have any specific questions i'd be glad to help out, ask them here for everybody to chime in and you can always PM me.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=128964

Edited by l75eya
Link