Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WINDSHIELD GASKET ORDER **MAIN THREAD** Update 4/29/12 We're GOOD to go!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these gaskets still available?? I need to replace my windshield. I'll take two.

I will sell you mine. I ordered one and really don't need it. Paul can ship it to you. He has not shipped it yet.

If you need it fast, I can ship you one from the previous batch I have on hand. I'm in Dallas, so it will be to you in a day.

email me subaru3@aol.com

$54

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I looked forever for them with no luck. Several people said that Gen2 inserts (which are metal and much better built, but still pretty darn thin!) would work, but they need trimming.

Well... they kind of work...

The vertical sides went in just fine. But the curve is different for the top and bottom pieces. Expect some buckling when you install them if you go this route. It's better than nothing, but certainly not perfect.

Certainly not my experience! Yes they need to be cut (which means the top piece has to have a join) but with careful bending and shaping the result is as close to perfect as you can get. You have to look damn close to notice the join in the top piece and there is certainly no buckling in mine.

DSCF0049_zpsda3fcd80.jpg

DSCF04501_zpsf518fa16.jpg

DSCF04491_zps612a5839.jpg

Edited by Leeroy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...